Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6630 rs-mmc

Options
  • 13-04-2005 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Does anybofy know if this card will work on the nokia 6630 as the spec on the site says it works at both 2.7v and 3.6v so i am presuming its dual voltage. so if anybody knows let me know
    Cheers
    Pete

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

What card are you talking about??

I have a 6630 and got a card Here
    and it works brill, also they are located in kildare so only takes 2-3 days to come in the post.

I have had a few dealings with them and would highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

peterk19 wrote:
    Does anybofy know if this card will work on the nokia 6630 as the spec on the site says it works at both 2.7v and 3.6v so i am presuming its dual voltage. so if anybody knows let me know
    Cheers
    Pete

hi. no, RS-MMC dual voltage cards operate at (around) 1.8v at the lowest voltage...

re: Nokia 6630 FAQ
    The inbuilt MultiMediaCard (MMC) reader in Nokia 6630 imaging smartphone functions on 1.8 Volt, and therefore it requires dual voltage MMC (the card can support both 1.8V and 3.0V). Separately sold Nokia branded reduced size MultiMediaCards (MMC) are dual voltage cards.

the voltage you have quoted is a regular (singal voltage) card that operates at (around) 3V with a supprted operating range/tolerance of 2.7V-3.6V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Oh right so it has to support 1.8v so this will not work then http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=305004&cks=PLS
    Thanks for that info
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, no it won't - the site mik_da_man suggested (also known as shop4memory.com) is one of the few places who have any of the dual-voltage rs-mmc cards 'in stock'
    http://www.shop4memory.com/products/dual-voltage-rsmmc.asp

Then i guess ill have to wait till the 512 comes out because 256 is just too small
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Lads need a bit of help here thanks 1gb memory card for my 6230

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

These are usually pretty good -

www.mobymemory.com
    www.xlshop.com (cheap shipping to Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

bigfeller wrote:

Second that + free shipping + usually next day

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Hey all

anyone get any really large capacity memory cards for this phone or know where to get ones that are compatible and wont damage the phone. I think the largest vodafone sell is 256megs for about 90 quid but im looking for larger cards sold online that are better priced

• Advertisement

256 is the best you will get i am afraid this is the best price i could find online Linky as 512 hasnt been released yet.
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Why is it the 6600 can take a 1GB MMC but the 6630 can only take a 256 :(
    And the 1GB MMC for the 6600 is only €89 here
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Cheapest was on www.komplett.ie when I was looking about a month ago. They sell twinmos brand ones, and they are definitely compatible. Not all are.

The 6630 used dv rs mmc cards (Dual Voltage Reduced Size MMC) which are only new and like all new things start off expensive the reason they use these is because they are low voltage (1.8) and save on battery life I dont think nokia counted them on being so hard to get

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

http://www.flashcarddirect.com have 1GB MMC for just under €70 incl shipping. I also recommend their USB key site - http://www.usb007.com.

sorry but will my 6230 take 1 gb card and if so which one ? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Sarge wrote:
    sorry but will my 6230 take 1 gb card and if so which one ? thanks :)

See here.

Dr. Dre wrote:
    See here.

bought just now thanks

Advertisement