Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The tunnel

• 13-04-2005 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long more the contraflow is going to be in effect on the tunnel? They closed it overnight a couple weeks back and I assumed that was the final push they needed to get it sorted, but they're apparently still working on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

corblimey wrote:
    Anyone know how long more the contraflow is going to be in effect on the tunnel? They closed it overnight a couple weeks back and I assumed that was the final push they needed to get it sorted, but they're apparently still working on it.

i think it was 6-8 weeks in total... most of that must be gone now... but this is ireland so you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

corblimey wrote:

I'm sure whoever's contracted to do it will continue to milk it as long as the money keeps coming. I just hope that the prick who caused all the damage is paying for it! Wouldn't be surprised if it was the taxpayer though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'd be amazed if it was anyone but the taxpayer who ended up forking out for the repairs. Honestly, a truck driver that doesnt know the exact dimensions of his/her truck shouldn't be a truck driver.

Put the Turks on the repair job! It'll get done in double quick time and they'll put an extra 2 lanes on it just for fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

rymus wrote:
    Put the Turks on the repair job! It'll get done in double quick time and they'll put an extra 2 lanes on it just for fun.

Agreed. The Ballincollig bypass, and the subsequent modifications to the straight road roundabout are the only two roadworks projects that I can remeber being completed in Cork early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

And as a bonus we can put most of their wages into bank accounts in another country with the intention of siphoning them back when no-one notices!

adam

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Agreed. The Ballincollig bypass, and the subsequent modifications to the straight road roundabout are the only two roadworks projects that I can remeber being completed in Cork early.

Indeed. Slave labour, it's the way to go [not]

No wonder they were trumpeting about how much cheaper they were - they were paying sweet-all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dahamsta wrote:
    And as a bonus we can put most of their wages into bank accounts in another country with the intention of siphoning them back when no-one notices!

adam

Hooray, what a fannytastic plan!

Advertisement