Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know any comic stores in Dublin?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I have a suggestion. How about instead of making new posters feel like idiots, just delete all the replies and post the link to the to-you-completely-obvious-answer directly under his first post, and then lock the thread. Quicker, easier, faster, more. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Or people could just open their eyes and use the stickies. I've edited the resources so people can see store details there too.

If anyone has a website link to a shop - post it there, or details. No sales pitch though - just an information thread.

It's the fact that it's been posted enough times before. And the number of threads it generates in same question spam, is too much for me to allow.

Now that it's edited to say stores as well, if they don't read it, i'm just going to lock threads without even a reply.

OK I can't get the topic changed atm :(

I'll do it later when it's not being annoying :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

well, personally I consider it pretty rude for someone to wander in, ignore everything that's already there and just post up a very basic question without trying to find the answer anywhere else. What's the point in having the same question asked over and over again?

I mean, really. Ten seconds with google, searching for "comic shops dublin ireland" (not a particularly cryptic search string, you'll agree) gives you this page from the Irish Sci-fi News site, with all the information you'd need. If it were someone in some middle-of-nowhere location asking if anyone knows of nearby comic stockists, it'd be a bit different. But people keep being lazy and just posting straight away asking the same damn question again and again. It's annoying.

Link sticky edited now - Details of shops can go up there without a problem, but it's just so people know they are there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Having noticed that there weren't any store details in the resources links, and given that I clearly had nothing better to do for the last hour and a half, I've collated a handy list of the comic shops that I'm aware of and posted it in that list. It's here if anyone needs it. It's not a complete or exhaustive list by any means, but it should be of some help if anyone needs to find a store.

][cEMAN : can you change the sticky topic title again so that it includes store information?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

You are a gentleman amongst whiners. Well done.

Newbies are people too, you know. Everyone makes mistakes, and so on.

Advertisement