Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find wireless hotspots for psp?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The only thing you can do at a hot spot is update the firmware untill some online games come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Can you not play ridge racer online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well I've not tried it out and about, but I've set it up on my home network. Only problem is my net uses a more secure encryption system than WEP and the PSP can't connect to it. I've temporarily set the network to ad hoc to test it and everything works fine.
    For now there's no web browser so it's a moot point as to whether it works or not; the "browser" in wipeout is minimal and the text entry using the d-pad is a pain.
    Having said that, it will be one hell of a gadget when they start releasing apps and peripherals for it. Heck we might even get to see an actual use for the IR port...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

To play Ridge online you need special software running on your home PC that trick the psp into thinking its playing over lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks for the info, suppose I'll just have to wait but it would be great to play RR online and I dont have a wireless router.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

You need certain hardware to play RR online.

Check out teamxlink, it's their software that'll let you play RR online. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of compatible network cards that work with it. :(

Check out their fourms, in the PSP Community for more info on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

You can browse the web with your PSP too. I forgot the details but I believe you need Ridge Racers to do it. If you go to G4.com and then to Attack of the Show it should be in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

U need wipeout to browse on the PSP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

Yep, you need wipeout to get the web browser hack running.

Also, for playing PSP over the net there's http://www.xbchelp.com/

Haven't been able to get any working yet, problems with firewalls and windows, at least until I get home that is.

Advertisement