Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To do or not to do? LCVP, what did you do?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Im in TY in a small school and we are offered to do the Traditional Leaving Cert or LCVP. Im just not sure what to do. I want to do LCVP but my mam wont let me because she says it is a dumbed down version of the Traditional Cert. I tryed to argue but mothers these days just dont listen. Can any one help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

if i were you i'd do lcvp its way better and stands to you when you go to college!
    its so not a dumbed down version of the trad leavin cert, it actually makes you understand what the leaving is for, you get work experience, talks and learn a bit about politics! and if all that fails its handy points!!

for more check out
    http://lcvp.slss.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thomas.oleary

thanks i will show the mammy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

LCVP is, infact, the traditional Leaving Cert with these modules botched onto it. There is nno 'dumbing down' about it - it is NOT LCA (they often get labelled in the same category). You will be examined exactly the same as everybody else on all other subjects. The LCVP exam is though, in itself, rather interesting - I'd thoroughly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

i agree with what everyone else is saying here, your mam might have lcvp mixed up with lcap or somthing but it is surely not a dumbed down version as every paper you sit is the exact same as the traditional leaving cert, if anything its harder due to the extra work you get in the link modules but dont let that put you off either as you will be able to manage it in the lcvp classes.
    i would really recomend lcvp, as people above said it prepares you for college and what you are going to do after the leaving cert plus it give you the oppertunity to sub in a max of 70 points for your lowest leaving cert mark, and 70 points can make a hell of a difference!!! ;)
    hope this helps.
    hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Yep i'd recommend it.I mean...its a C1 for you and thats great!It can be hard if you havent done business though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

LCA is not a 'dumbed down' version of anything. It is a different exam.

LCVP is an add-on to the traditional Leaving Cert.

I hope your mother keeps her attitudes to herself when speaking to people who are doing the LCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

LCVP is brilliant it is a subject that is on 3days a week(In my school) adn you still do the trad leaving cert. You are probably mixing it up with LCA-Leaving cert applied which is a completely differant ball game..

Hakko

Advertisement