Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lag?

Options
  • 13-04-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

My excitement for PE4 on the pc was quickly turned into disappointment when I realised it was only ip to ip and the lag made it unplayable at any sort of high skill level.

I aint played it on the PC in a few months and im just checking in to see if the problem regarding lag has been fixed or do the clients still get a delay on everything ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WE8I is slightly better but still unplayable.

There wont be any patches for either.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KdjaC wrote:
    WE8I is slightly better but still unplayable.

There wont be any patches for either.

kdjac

Whats the lag like on xbox live ? If there was no lag I would be tempted to buy an xbox just to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

You cant have 'no lag' when you play games online from or in this country, thats just the simple fact. without connecting to anyplace you already ping 19m/sec thanks to interleaving on most dsl packages in this country add more in double figures for actually connecting to a foreign host. irish and uk opponents are generally very playable online, moving further afield to play you have to change tactics, predict and hope. foreign dsl generally pings better so they'll have an advantage either way.

RapierX wrote:
    You cant have 'no lag' when you play games online from or in this country, thats just the simple fact. without connecting to anyplace you already ping 19m/sec thanks to interleaving on most dsl packages in this country add more in double figures for actually connecting to a foreign host. irish and uk opponents are generally very playable online, moving further afield to play you have to change tactics, predict and hope. foreign dsl generally pings better so they'll have an advantage either way.

wow lets complain about interleaving, how come with Epsxe and Winning Eleven 2000 (a ps1 emulator and game) i can play online without any lag, yah think its shoddy netcode or Eircoms fault?

PES4 needs an intermediate liek kaillerra to work all IP to IP games do unless coded well, PES isnt and its not any ISPs fault. Every player on any forum has lag regardless of country.

And interleaving is a good thing keeps our connection reliable.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

KdjaC wrote:
    wow lets complain about interleaving, how come with Epsxe and Winning Eleven 2000 (a ps1 emulator and game) i can play online without any lag, yah think its shoddy netcode or Eircoms fault?

kdjac

Whats all this? ANd which one is WE2000 equivalent to?

• Advertisement

http://www.graaskov.co.uk/howtoissonpc/howtointro.htm

Dont ask for the Bios or how to get the rom, buy the original game 2nd hand for nowt it will run on your pc if you do the above, also other player must have EXACT same settings as you.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

RapierX wrote:

You talk bull****, I play many many games without lag. Lag has been reported from people on the best connections from countries all around the world when it comes to PES4.

You cant blame the ISPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I agree, definitely nothing to do with the ISP.

Lets just hope Konami get there act together and come up with a decent non-'IP to IP' based multiplayer section for the first release of PES5 :mad:

I too quickly lost interest in online leagues & individual matches because of this unplayable lag. Lucky my housemate is a big PES4 fan too or I'd hardly ever play it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

lag as in the game ****ing up and things doing disappearing acts, or lag as in ping time where you have to predict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I haven't played a game offline in about a month. No problems with me playing online. I'm in the evo-league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement