Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many students are there in WIT?

• 13-04-2005 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

about 6500 last I heard but Im not 100% sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The official line is approx 10,000 made up of full time and part time students as far as I know.

6500 figure is for full time students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Cheers! Quite a lot considering the population of Waterford is 44,000. Do students still get their heads kicked in and for no reason and burgled down there? Because you have the numbers for major retaliatory action you know.All you need is to organise yourselves. A vigilante society or something would be good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

1 less now - *me drops out*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Not something I myself have experienced. If it does occur it is probably not specifically targeted at students and is likely in acordance with statistics for other large urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

pwd wrote:
    Cheers! Quite a lot considering the population of Waterford is 44,000. Do students still get their heads kicked in and for no reason and burgled down there? Because you have the numbers for major retaliatory action you know.All you need is to organise yourselves. A vigilante society or something would be good.

Yeah i got my head kicked in a few days ago for no reason. I was walking to the canteen when two guys jumped out from behind a wall, it had a concrete finish to it with red bricks, you know the type. Anyway one if em was dressed as a tuna sandwich(he seemed to the strong silent type, he didnt say much he was strong and silent) the other guy, well i only got a brief glimpse of him before he kicked me in the ears. he was about 5'11, black hair, brown eyes, white, smelt of either good cheese or bad steaks(can never be sure), he had a tatto of a giraffe given birth to a monkey over his left nipple, which was pierced with one of those peircing things, a limp and said his name was Brenden and not to call around to his mom anymore because she is hospital at the moment and it would be a waste of a journey on my behalf.

And thats about that, so yes! Students still do get their heads kicked in for no reason and no, we have no vigilante society or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Should we start one? Male student houses get robbed more cause they will generally have better stuff that is easy to sell on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AC Slater

Yeah i got my head kicked in a few days ago for no reason. I was walking to the canteen when two guys jumped out from behind a wall, it had a concrete finish to it with red bricks, you know the type. Anyway one if em was dressed as a tuna sandwich(he seemed to the strong silent type, he didnt say much he was strong and silent) the other guy, well i only got a brief glimpse of him before he kicked me in the ears. he was about 5'11, black hair, brown eyes, white, smelt of either good cheese or bad steaks(can never be sure), he had a tatto of a giraffe given birth to a monkey over his left nipple, which was pierced with one of those peircing things, a limp and said his name was Brenden and not to call around to his mom anymore because she is hospital at the moment and it would be a waste of a journey on my behalf.

And thats about that, so yes! Students still do get their heads kicked in for no reason and no, we have no vigilante society or anything like that.

thats quiet a scenario Rollo Tamasi :cool: , thank god i havent come up against anything like that. closest i came was being kicked out of nightclub 10 three nites in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

AC Slater wrote:
    closest i came was being kicked out of nightclub 10 three nites in a row
    yeah i think that happens to everyone once they try to drink out of the jacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Heard a lot of horror stories before I came to WIT, but its not been that bad, lots of scumbags about, especially the little girls(right bitches), but not been jumped yet in 3 yrs!!

Tho did see some lad get attacked with a Hammer one night walking home!!

Iv never run in to trouble as a student in 7 years here. I did have trouble when I was out with local friends out side of the city once but that was random violence. Any student I know who did run in to trouble uasally brought it on them selves for being an utter knob (knocking on random doors walking home from the pub at 3am for example).

Only heard of 2 house robberies in that time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

heard of a few house robberies, usually in the middle of the day in broad daylight when you'd be in college, thats why ive decided to sleep in since 1s yr to counter there wicked plans!! now they'l find me sprawled naked on the floor and surely forget all about robbing and leg it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

more like wowbagger am i rite

Advertisement