Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB 1Mb product

• 13-04-2005 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Hey all i was on the IBB website looking for info about the upgrade rumoured to be going ahead soon (with press release this week) and i saw this
    Description Breeze 1MB
    Purpose Fast Internet access for:-tele working -freeing up the home phone line-unrestricted uploading and downloading. A superior home product suitable for families with high usage and Home Networks.
    Competing Products Dial up, ISDN, DSL, Leased lines.
    Symmetrical
    (same speed upstream as down) Yes
    Download speed 1024 Kbps
    Upload speed 1024 Kbps
    Contention Ratio 48:1
    Line of Sight Yes
    Download Limit 30 GB
    Installation Required Yes
    Installation and Connection €149 including VAT
    Monthly Charge €35.99 per month including VAT

Source: http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/our_products/Breeze_1MB.htm

Can ppl confirm if
    A.) the price has changed and
    B.) there is a cap? and
    C.) the Contention ratio is changed!!! ?? and finally just as a side note any ideas when the upgrade is going ahead? (i dont want this thread turning into a IBB upgrade dates thread and being locked as there is one already so only post dates if they are solid as sidenotes)

I'm concerned that the product has changed A LOT without being told by anyone.

I thought it was:

€48.40 inc VAT
    no cap (fairness policy)
    20:1 Contention Ratio

(at least it was when i signed up a few months ago)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya but there is a 2mb product now instead for us :) with no cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Is that the Businness package?

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/our_products/Breeze_2MBbusiness.htm

How do a get onto the 2Mb package?

As far as i no everyone is getting upped to 2mb. have you done a speed test?My trails ended yesterday and i am connected at about 2mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

its trial, not trail :p You'd walk on a mountain trail, but take part in a trial :p.

I'd say they just didn't bother taking you off 2meg. There'd be no point because you'd be put straight back on it once the upgrade happens, which should be soon i assume. I'm still on 1meg in evenings :) , and 256k in the moring/afternoons :mad:

As far as i no everyone is getting upped to 2mb. have you done a speed test?My trails ended yesterday and i am connected at about 2mb.

Here is my speed test results :(

• Advertisement

Its the stress :P

Ya i have been conected at 230 all day too.
    its trial, not trail :p You'd walk on a mountain trail, but take part in a trial :p.

I'd say they just didn't bother taking you off 2meg. There'd be no point because you'd be put straight back on it once the upgrade happens, which should be soon i assume. I'm still on 1meg in evenings :) , and 256k in the moring/afternoons :mad:

I'm still on 1meg in evenings :) , and 256k in the moring/afternoons :mad:

well i get 1Mb 24/7 not that i use it when in work :>

Advertisement