Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just ordered UTV

• 13-04-2005 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I just ordered utv clicksilver. The basic €29.99 package. I've a question. They say they're sending my a modem and 3 filters. But in the house there's: 1 phone upstairs, 1 phone downstairs, 1 phone line for the pc internet and 1 for sky box. Am i gonna have to buy another filter? Or can I just put 1 filter on the line coming in at the side of the house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

yeah, i'd like to thank everyone for all the replys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

lol

yes there is 3 splitters: 2 which are for regular phones and 1 that splits into 2, dsl socket and phone socket.

so basically you can plug 3 phones and the dsl connection. If you have more phones then you need to buy extra ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Only an hour and 15 minutes since you posted first :)

You need them on all extentions. You can get them for ~€10 (That's what they are in Peats, if you're ever in there.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

just wondering if you saw the BT offer (BB including line rental for €49 ) and decided against?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

i saw it, but we're still under the UTV dialup 6 month contract, so couldn't have changed eitherway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Subc wrote:
    lol

yes there is 3 splitters: 2 which are for regular phones and 1 that splits into 2, dsl socket and phone socket.

so basically you can plug 3 phones and the dsl connection. If you have more phones then you need to buy extra ones

Wrong.

You don't actually need any spliters. Pratically if you don't use them everytime you use the phone it disconnects your modem, but it reconnects right away. even if your still using the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If I were you, I would just filter everything but the skybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

mp3guy wrote:
    i saw it, but we're still under the UTV dialup 6 month contract, so couldn't have changed eitherway

When you signed up to UTV broadband, did you have to agree to 12 month minimum contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Once you have one line filtered - you can extend that to all the phones i.e. you can connect multiple phones off a single filter by using one of those phone extensions from Woodies etc. The single filter just takes out broadband frequencies from the line to the phone(s)

Advertisement