Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick favour please

Options
  • 13-04-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not too familiar with how to do this kind of thing myself and was wondering if anyone could help.

Unfortunately when I printed the poker.ie logo on some t-shirts etc, it didn't come out as it was supposed to. There were problems with the edging around some of the letters. If you look at this image, you will see there are no gaps between the edges of the letters and the cards. However, if you look at this, you will see there are. Both prints were done by different companies, and I think the company that did the ones with the gaps, must have touched it up a bit themselves.

If somebody could please help me out here by downloading this file containing the logos as Adobe Illustrator (I think) files. I'm not too sure why there are two, or which is the proper file, they seem the same to me. If you look at the bottom logo, the one surrounded by the blue, and move it around, you will notice the way the edges are. There is also for some reason, bad edging on the shoulder of the R<here.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but if it's not too hard, could somebody please fix it up for me? I would appreciate it greatly :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi,
    I still need to get this sorted. If anyone can help please let me know :o

The new location for the file to be downloaded with the AI files is here:)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I still need to get this sorted. If anyone can help please let me know :o

The new location for the file to be downloaded with the AI files is here:)
    Can you be any more specific than "fix it up"?

All you've done is highlight the differences, which is more or less useless without actually knowing which one you prefer 0_o

Hi,
    thanks for the reply, I'd like to go with the one with the gaps, basically as it should have been designed initially, the text and cards with gap where cards meet text.

If you have a look at this image, you will see instructions on how I wanted it made, I don't know if you use the same methods in photoshop but it's the same in theory. I thought it would be a pretty basic logo to make but how has he messed it up so much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

read help file - look up stroke

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The link for the illustrator file doesn't work.

• Advertisement

heggie wrote:
    read help file - look up stroke

I'm not going to attempt this myself, too important, from the experience I've had with Illustrator, it has driven me mad trying to stroke things.

Gordon, the link to the AI files are in the 2nd post:)

if your not going to attempt it , how will you ever learn? ppl go on boards constantly looking for 'favours', or free work in my book. Its fair enough asking for help with something, but wanting stuff done for you is another story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

i concur heggie

if this wasn't on boards.ie community where everyone is 'friends' you would be getting charged for it. Unless your offering something for the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

i concur heggie

if this wasn't on boards.ie community where everyone is 'friends' you would be getting charged for it. I think it should be the same on boardsie. So ask for tips or do it yourself

Believe me, I've tried this myself already, spent a few hours at it, I know exactly what I want but I can't get very far at all and I don't know if my methods on illustrator are the best ways even if I do get it to look how I want it to, it may still have problems with printers etc as the current file does.

I have no experience with Illustrator and the experience I have had trying to design various things on it, I've rarely finished anything because nothing seems to work out the way I want it to. I'm just asking for a hand with the image construction. I've made it as simple as I can giving instructions and everything which I've also spent loads of time doing.

If someone was willing to guide me step by step through each line/angle/width/etc setting I'd gladly give it a shot but it seems like more work than what I am asking here :confused: For someone who knows what they are doing it would probably only take about 3 minutes, that's how long it takes on paint following my instructions anyway, It doesn't look the best though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

cormie wrote:
    Believe me, I've tried this myself already, spent a few hours at it, I know exactly what I want but I can't get very far at all and I don't know if my methods on illustrator are the best ways even if I do get it to look how I want it to, it may still have problems with printers etc as the current file does.

I have no experience with Illustrator and the experience I have had trying to design various things on it, I've rarely finished anything because nothing seems to work out the way I want it to. I'm just asking for a hand with the image construction. I've made it as simple as I can giving instructions and everything which I've also spent loads of time doing.

If someone was willing to guide me step by step through each line/angle/width/etc setting I'd gladly give it a shot but it seems like more work than what I am asking here :confused: For someone who knows what they are doing it would probably only take about 3 minutes, that's how long it takes on paint following my instructions anyway, It doesn't look the best though :o

May I suggest you use the www.rentacoder.com

Here you will get an Illustrator expert for a small amount of cash.

There's no such thing as a free lunch around here, especially not when it's for a personal business venture anyway...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There's no such thing as a free lunch around here, especially not when it's for a personal business venture anyway...
    Boards.ie is something of a personal business venture, I don't see why you would consider poker.ie any differently.
    Doing a favour for a startup business can often prove a prudent investment, if you'd like to think of it in those terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

He's asking for a favour. If you don't want to do it then don't. It's not like he wants someone to spend half a day creating this logo. If everyone was like you guys above there would be any sig requests thread.

@Cormie I had a look at those files but I really don't understand what you want :confused: I think that you want gaps between the letters and the cards. As far as I can see there are gaps between the letters and the cards! Anyway I don't have Illustrator so I can't really help.

Thanks for the link, seems like a good site:)

NotMe, if you look at this image again you will see there are no real gaps between the text and the cards. This was printed from the same AI file as the other which has gaps. I'm pretty sure and have been told that this is because the AI file I have wasn't done correctly.

Thanks for your interest anyway:)

Hi again,
    I'm getting quite desperate for this. What kind of price should I be expecting to pay for someone to do this for me? It's about a 5 minute job for an experienced photoshopper I'd say :confused: What's the usual price for such a job?

go on so i'll do it for you for nothing, keep me in mind if you ever need any design work done is all i'll ask ;) email to jbelton (at) effect.ie . When will you need it for?

Heggie, thanks a million for the offer, but I actually got it sorted by Figment in the Art/Photo forum, I had another post there.

I'm very grateful for the offer though and will keep you in mind;)

Thanks again!

ok no probs :)

Advertisement