Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Manufacturers

Options
  • 13-04-2005 10:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi i thinking of purchasing a 6600GT AGP ive heard many a story about which manufacturer is the best i have seen a few on komplett ie Gainward,MSI,XFX,Club 3d i was thinking of going for the MSI but i heard the memory is clocked slower or sumat any ideas which is best or all the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I got a BFG 6600gt and and would definitely recommend it. It is pre-overclocked out of the box and has a lifetime warranty that even covers overclocking. Don't think they have them on komplett but i'm sure they're on other sites.

They even had them in PC world for €150 after xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Im getting a XFX Gamers Edition 6600gt for my new SLi rig. It seems to be as good as the Gainward in online benchmarks i've seen, but is alot cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Get the standard XFX 6600gt as they charge an extra €10 for some overclocking which can be easily done using NiBiTorv20a.

I'm going for a 6600 vanilla as I'm skint at the moment and Ive seen various 6600's getting overclocked from a 300MHz core to 450<->500+MHz!!!!
    The RAM is the major choke on the 6600 vanilla as DDR only about half the speed of GDDR3.
    This gets performance midway between non-overclocked 6600's and 6600GT's!!!!

Sorry about the rant but someone might find above interesting ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

julius wrote:
    Get the standard XFX 6600gt as they charge an extra €10 for some overclocking which can be easily done using NiBiTorv20a.

I'm going for a 6600 vanilla as I'm skint at the moment and Ive seen various 6600's getting overclocked from a 300MHz core to 450<->500+MHz!!!!
    The RAM is the major choke on the 6600 vanilla as DDR only about half the speed of GDDR3.
    This gets performance midway between non-overclocked 6600's and 6600GT's!!!!

Sorry about the rant but someone might find above interesting ;-)

E10 for some overclocking, and your not in breach of your life time warranty. I'll be happy to pay the extra! ;)

Advertisement