Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's is bigger!?

• 13-04-2005 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Who here has the biggest film collection?

I did a count of my videos about 3 weeks ago and I had 316. Since then I've gotten about 7 more. Plus there's my DVDs which makes about (323+DVDs=) 370. I'll do a full inventory some time soon. But lets just say for argument's sake that I have 370 Films. Now that's not including DVDs of T.V. shows. Nor does it include the 2nd disc on a 2 disc set. ALTHOUGH it does in the case of my Evil Dead collection which counts as 3 because it has 3 different films in it (on 3 seperate discs).

So how big is yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i have around 180 dvds presently but i'm sure it will go up another hundred or so in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So how big is yours?
    15 inches....

... Oh, i'm sorry, what were we talking about?! :confused:

EDIT: Oh... DVD's?

Well.. official DVD's in boxes.. i've 112 films... counting 'Scream Trilogy' and 'Back To The Future Trilogy' as 3 films each.

And i've also an absolute sh*tload of well 'unofficial' DVD's... let's just call 'em "backups".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

basquille wrote:
    15 inches....

... Oh, i'm sorry, what were we talking about?! :confused:
    My train of thought also... then i noticed that this was in the films forum...

Just casting my eyes over the videos up above me on a shelf (thats approximately half of what we have) i see 60... so about 120 including embarassing titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

65 dvds I think. About 15 of those are 2/3 disc special editions.
    Don't own any videos, never liked them. Wear down too easy and are too bulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=herobear has about 134 of them, theres another 10-20 that arent on that database though

so yeah i'd say around 149 dvds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

YAY! I'm winning. Lol.

I'm sure Karl Hungus or someone is gonna come along and blow me outta the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice little link there, herobear!

Here's mine: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=basquille

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

600 or so, counting boxsets as one dvd.
    My penis is also massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

120+ Dvds and 100+ videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

probably close to 100 dvds, we did have a few hundred videos up until a few weeks ago when we sold them all bar a few of my music videos and my ma's john wayne collection:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

387 DVD's and 42 videos, sometimes i think i'm an anorak..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Absolutely no idea how many. A lot. And I wouldn't have the patience to count. But for the sake of arguement, lets just say 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

remember kids; its not the size that counts, but what your collection consists of that matters!(prepares for the onslaught of grumbles and fruit throwing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I haven't counted them since last summer but somewhere around the 280 mark, I guess. Lots of videos still (300?) but stored/hidden away and rarely used now. That dvdaficienado site looks cool, Basquille.

Well, there should be an attatchment of my DVDs.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Wow, you've got a lot of tv series. 46 I counted, that's an expensive hobby.
    Also, why would you buy Alien3 twice? I know it's 2 different versions, but it's not that good in the first place.

I really enjoyed it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

You are not your DVD collection.

(p.s. - im just jealous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have about 200 at the moment....but I buy and sell on a daily basis so depending on the time, I can have way more - or way less - then that. Currently I am trying to filter out all the B-move shít from my collection, so in honesty it is mostly great movies (or at least decent) that I have

Advertisement