Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocky!

• 14-04-2005 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can get Pocky in Dublin?
    I got it before in Oriental Emporium down beside the Jervis stop on the Tallaght Luas line, but I've been there a few times lately and I can't find any... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Did you try the other Asian supermarket near the back of Georges St. arcade? (turn right & it's a few doors down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

that would be the Asian Market, and I was there last week looking for Pocky as well...no luck. Also went to Oriental Emporium on Georges Street, not there either.

I need my Pocky fix now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Oh man, I had pocky about a decade ago. I wouldn't mind getting some, if only for nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Aya Sushi bar, just behind Grafton St have it just inside the door. But it's quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Does anyone know where you can get Pocky in Dublin?
    I got it before in Oriental Emporium down beside the Jervis stop on the Tallaght Luas line, but I've been there a few times lately and I can't find any... :rolleyes:

The Asia food co. on Mary st. have it in a few different flavours, 0.99 for a 50g box & 0.75 for a 30gish box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They have some really weird Pocky flavours over here - like Green Tea flavour, Pumpkin flavour etc. More like Yocky.

The Asia food co. on Mary st. have it in a few different flavours, 0.99 for a 50g box & 0.75 for a 30gish box.

The one they have at that price will be Thai pocky and it is nowhere near as good as the Japanese one but is also a third of the price.
    The one in Aya is head and shoulders above the Thai one, I've had both this week as I also found them in the Oriental Emporium on Jervis, but they are total rubbish compared to the Mens Pocky or Strawberry Pocky in Aya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Blub2k4 wrote:
    The one they have at that price will be Thai pocky and it is nowhere near as good as the Japanese one but is also a third of the price.
    The one in Aya is head and shoulders above the Thai one, I've had both this week as I also found them in the Oriental Emporium on Jervis, but they are total rubbish compared to the Mens Pocky or Strawberry Pocky in Aya.

I've never had either, I spotted them after reading the thread. I'd like to try them but unfortunately they use hydrogenated fish oil in their production so unless they make a veggie version that won't be happening. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Oriental shop opposite Jervis have them back in, both strawberry and chocolate.

The Oriental shop opposite Jervis have them back in, both strawberry and chocolate.

Yeah but they are the cheapo Thai ones that taste like margarine, they are nowhere near as tasty and if I had tried the Thai first I would not have tried pocky ever again, luckily I tried the Japanese ones first.

<edit> the Japanese ones are considerably more expensive. I bough some the other day, they ranged in price from 2 euro up to about 3 euro depending on what type.
    Aya has Chocolate, Strawberry, strawberry with pieces, Mens pocky(mmmm dark chocolate) and possibly some others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement