Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how new offer affects those of us on esatbt 3 month trial

• 14-04-2005 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

I sent an email to customer care yesterday regarding how the new offers affect us:

Hi,
    I'm currently availing of the three month trial ( as of March 4th) and I've
    just noticed that there are new offers available. How do these effect my
    trial or options? I've noticed that the 12 month contract has been removed
    so after the trial period will my account just exist on a bi-monthly option?
    As according to your website payment for the service will be debited from my
    account as such, in advance.
    Regards,
    "£$%

Their reply was:

Response (Customer Care) - 13/04/2005 01.48 PM
    Dear Sir,

Unfortunately at this time we are unable to locate your customer account due to insufficient information. Please forward your customer ID and/or account telephone number to customer.care@btireland.com at your nearest convenience.

However we can confirm that all customers can avail of all aspects of the new offer except availing of the service without a 12 month contract. This contract period will still exist for customer who have signed up for the service before the new offers were released.

Visit http://www.btireland.com in order to view & place orders, receive special offers, track faults and update account information including payment details.

In the meantime for help with any further queries, please visit our new online website, Find Answers Right Now, at:

http://bt-esat.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt_esat.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Kind Regards

BT Ireland Customer Care
    T: 1904
    Mail: customer.care@btireland.com
    www.btireland.com

Would we be considered as signing up for the offer? dont we have another couple of months to decide? Would ye recommend I/We cancel the subscription before the trial ends and then reapply thus negating the original contract, (Sorry for sounding like a lawyer too many American shows from bit torrent!! Lost is F*&%ing brilliant) Anybody else in this boat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Im lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Somebody is finally offering bb without a 12 month contract?

Goody!

Goody gumdrops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nice!

now if only they'd try to match smart's cap (or lack of) and offer of free line rental :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Well Im on the trial as well.....but the trial is not a 12month contract!!!!

The best course of action is to ring up, have the call logged, ask about the new offer hinting that you will only pay €40/€30 connection charge and nothing more!!!

If they start giving crap then tell them you intend to cancel the trial...return the router to them and that you might reapply online for the cheaper connection...if you choose to get BT broadband!!!

In all honesty I intend to pay €30(2mbit) and nothing more....so if they demand €80...then things may get dirty...hahaha!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think Eircom only ask you to subscribe to a 6 month contract, as this month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 McSqueeb

I have been on IOL Broadband Plus since May 2004, signed up just before the 3month trial came into effect.

Using the "Live Help" feature on the BT website i spoke to a BT representitive, he was unable to give me any details on how the new offers are going to effect my current plan and said i should ring 1904.

prospect wrote:
    I think Eircom only ask you to subscribe to a 6 month contract, as this month.

Have you even bothered to read the other posts in this thread???

Were talking about BT not eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

julius wrote:

If they start giving crap then tell them you intend to cancel the trial...return the router to them and that you might reapply online for the cheaper connection...if you choose to get BT broadband!!!

In all honesty I intend to pay €30(2mbit) and nothing more....so if they demand €80...then things may get dirty...hahaha!!!!

i'm on the trial as well for bb+ but i also opeted to switch my voice calls over. If i dont get the new pacakage automatically i'm just going to cancel my bb before the end of the trial and sign up for the new offering. simple as that though i shouldnt have to.
    But Esat\BT customer service is so woefully incompetent i porbalby will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ill be cancelling iolbb and going back to eircom when my trial ends assuming i get the first 2 months free with eircom. Mainly cause i didnt know that id have to pay 90 for installation which is just bull. Ill give iol a call before hand but i doubt they will care if I stay or go.

Kristok wrote:
    ill be cancelling iolbb and going back to eircom when my trial ends assuming i get the first 2 months free with eircom. Mainly cause i didnt know that id have to pay 90 for installation which is just bull. Ill give iol a call before hand but i doubt they will care if I stay or go.

Only 1 trial is allowed.
    If you sign up to eircoms product then you agree to a 6month contract and only pay for the last 4 months of it.
    Unsure about getting the first 2 months free if you have already tried out DSL on another operator though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

julius wrote:

The best course of action is to ring up, have the call logged, ask about the new offer hinting that you will only pay €40/€30 connection charge and nothing more!!!

I'm of the same opinion Julius: I'll give them the initial choice of just letting me continue on from the trial with no contract and the new options or I'll tell them I'll cancel the contract and then reapply, means I'll lose BB for a while but its better than a contract I'm stuck with! I dont think there will be any more 'real' offers from any of the companies for quite a while but its the principal of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

i didnt think they where doing a trial with the 2 months thing i thought it was the first two months free ?!?

Either way i would rather the wireless router than the poxy webcam and modem. And it will work out the same over 6 months if i dont have to pay the installation, for something ive already got installed might i add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

am I right in saying

1. Avail of one of the free offers ( 3 month esat - 2 month eircom yada yada) and thats it you cannot get another free offer off a different provider.

2. If you say you don't want the current offer and send your equipment back - then ring them again to avail of the new offer - they will charge you for the equipment ( its free if you combine the 3 months and sign your calls over + you get the forth month free.. ) thus negating the advantage of not signing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Looks like what Zod said is right.

If you cancel your 3 month trial with BT before it ends, then go on the website and re-order BB then you'll get a €50 discount on the connection fee and you'll have no contract. You will likely have downtime though between cancelling the trial and getting your new connection up.

However, if you don't cancel the trial you have to pay €80 connection fee but you do get the first month of 12 free, saving you €47. You will have a 12 month contract but no downtime.

Seems like much of a muchness really. I think I'll probably keep going after the trial, just sign up for the all in one billing for €57 a month. Or maybe try Smart if they get BB up and running in Limerick before June.

Oh and Zod, no son of mine will ever kneel before you <shakes fist> ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Thanks for the input jor el, i dont think I've got to pay the install/modem fee 'cos I signed up for the iolbb+ package, maybe if I cancel I do? I dunno anymore!!, it took 6 months to get a broadband line in the first place so I cant remember back that far ( I was a Fu**in Nightmare to switch telecom services) sopose I could ring em up but I have to listen to that bloody spiel again I'll top myself... Maybe I'll ignore my options and they'll go away!!

Advertisement