Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buy & sell in Japan

Options
  • 14-04-2005 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi,
    i've been trying to find japanese websites which are the equivalent of buy&sell, autotrader etc. or car auctions
    have done a search but all i get is import/export companies, i want links to actual people selling their own car, not middlemen
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thats a crazy idea. Its dodgy enough buying from an import broker or even a dealer over there, why would you want to try going through a private sale?

Esp. considering the actual motor prices on second hands are so cheap over there anyway, and you'll end up paying the same in VAT, Duty, Shipping and VRT as you would if you were going through a broker/dealer - why take the extra risk :confused:

Heres the links I found handiest anyway before buying my FTO... might not be exactly what you are looking for but some of them are excellent (idirect especially, is update with 100s of cars daily).

www.idirect.co.jp

www.showatrade.com

www.neweraimports.com

www.asca-int.com

www.bestjapancar.com

www.za-boon.com

www.jcarauctions.com
    www.j-cars.com

www.japanusedcar.net

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Hi nm - that idirect crowd seem to have a great range of stock availible to Ireland. What are they like to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

DukeDredd wrote:
    Hi nm - that idirect crowd seem to have a great range of stock availible to Ireland. What are they like to deal with?

In the end I went with another supplier myself, but from the dealings I did have with them they were very good, and all feedback I've heard about them from others that did purchase from them was very positive aswell.

They have the original auction sheet scanned onto the website for every single car on it, which is handy, and they also have a live chat feature thing (and 24hour phone service) where their staff will translate the auction sheets for you (including all and any negative comments).
    I had one of these translated by a fella in work here whos wife is japanese aswell just to to be sure and her translation was pretty much identicle, so they did prove to be trustworthy in that respect...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

From my reading of various import sites, it appears that private sales are impossible in japan. everything goes through auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cheapthrills

nm wrote:
    Thats a crazy idea. Its dodgy enough buying from an import broker or even a dealer over there, why would you want to try going through a private sale?

Esp. considering the actual motor prices on second hands are so cheap over there anyway, and you'll end up paying the same in VAT, Duty, Shipping and VRT as you would if you were going through a broker/dealer - why take the extra risk :confused:
    thanks for the links, some useful there

i realise the whole idea is a bit mad, but i'm just trying to find out what the actual prices of used cars are before the brokers factor in their cut.
    a trip to japan would be the best thing to do i suppose, but you'd need to bring back a souvenier or two to make it worth the effort.
    i'm guessing you could fit 4 cars into a 40ft container, load them on Kobe docks or wherever, fly home and wait for the ship to dock.
    i'm sure by doing it that way you'd at least save the cost of your trip to japan.
    or am i missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

thanks for the links, some useful there

i realise the whole idea is a bit mad, but i'm just trying to find out what the actual prices of used cars are before the brokers factor in their cut.
    a trip to japan would be the best thing to do i suppose, but you'd need to bring back a souvenier or two to make it worth the effort.
    i'm guessing you could fit 4 cars into a 40ft container, load them on Kobe docks or wherever, fly home and wait for the ship to dock.
    i'm sure by doing it that way you'd at least save the cost of your trip to japan.
    or am i missing something?
    www.jcarauctions.com have a price history for cars. You just need to apply for a guest login and pass. Is there any car in particular you are interested in?

edit:

As regards shipping, there are car transporters that carry tousands of cars from japan to europe... www.hual.com for example. Typical shiiping to ROI is $60 - $80 per metre cubed. About 3 - 4 times that for a container.

Advertisement