Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Sigh!) should have read the charter...

• 14-04-2005 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

well, if anyone wants to hear a rather nifty D*** B*** joke that I made up, they can PM me. I might even reply. No D*** B*** jokes? God dammit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

haha, i read it before it was edited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

ColHol wrote:

Excellent! I think that's a stupid rule anyway. You should be able to put a warning in the thread title and then post whatever. If I'm sitting on a bus I can say whatever I like, even though no-one has gotten on the bus specifically to hear what I'm saying. Why is it that as soon as it's a situation where people have looked specifically for what I'm saying, it suddenly has to be censored up the yin-yang? Weird city, man, I just do not get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good thing we're not on a bus, then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ExOffender wrote:
    Excellent! I think that's a stupid rule anyway. You should be able to put a warning in the thread title and then post whatever. If I'm sitting on a bus I can say whatever I like, even though no-one has gotten on the bus specifically to hear what I'm saying. Why is it that as soon as it's a situation where people have looked specifically for what I'm saying, it suddenly has to be censored up the yin-yang? Weird city, man, I just do not get it.

Can you wave your willy around on the same bus without being arrested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ColHol wrote:

Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

meh

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Can you wave your willy around on the same bus without being arrested?

No. But to return to my point, I can say whatever I like, barring slander. I don't know how waving willies around is connected to this in your head, but... man you got problems. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

ExOffender, this is boards.ie. It is NOT a democracy or anything like it, you can not say just what you like here. There are rules that need to be adhered to if you want to stay a part of the community. If you don't like it, feck off. If I had seen the post before you edited it, I would have instantly banned you. Count this as a warning.

Bio

BioHazRd wrote:
    ExOffender, this is boards.ie. It is NOT a democracy or anything like it
    I know. That's what I'm complaining about.
    you can not say just what you like here.
    See above.
    If I had seen the post before you edited it, I would have instantly banned you.
    More than a little harsh, I think, considering first offence, and I fixed it within about 2 minutes of posting it, as I genuinely did not know.
    And would ye relax? I'm expressing dissent, nothing more. Heavy-handedness is the mark of undeserved authority.
    Count this as a warning.
    Ooooh! (shivers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

ExOffender wrote:
    I know. That's what I'm complaining about.

No point complaining as it won't get you anywhere, and things are not likely to change while its still slightly warm in hell

ExOffender wrote:
    More than a little harsh, I think, considering first offence, and I fixed it within about 2 minutes of posting it, as I genuinely did not know.

Thats why we have a charter stickied at the top of the forum with "please read before posting" - Don't whine at me if you didn't read it
    ExOffender wrote:
    Heavy-handedness is the mark of undeserved authority.

If I was heavy handed, I would have banned you - but I didn't, I just gave you a warning. And why do you think any authority here is undeserved ? My authority was given to me by the admins, and as such, they felt I deserved it and thats good enough for me (and should be good enough for anyone who wants to post on any forum I moderate)

Bio

• Advertisement

BioHazRd wrote:
    If I had seen the post before you edited it, I would have instantly banned you.

'Nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I was thinkin boards had gone all pc on us, it's De*d B*by jokes that aren't allowed, not dumb blonde ones....if anyone was thinking along the same lines as me.

This'll sound bizarre, but I wouldn't 'lower myself' to dumb blonde jokes. A laughing misogynist is still a misogynist. Like FHM's 'From the mouths of babes' section... that's well dodgy. Why not publish dumb stuff blokes said, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Who said anything about women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

ExOffender wrote:
    Ooooh! (shivers)

Hahaha! I thought that was gas! Nice :D

Fabritzo wrote:
    Who said anything about women?
    [anal]Blond = masculine, blonde = feminine[/anal]
    Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

ExOffender wrote:
    This'll sound bizarre, but I wouldn't 'lower myself' to dumb blonde jokes. A laughing misogynist is still a misogynist. Like FHM's 'From the mouths of babes' section... that's well dodgy. Why not publish dumb stuff blokes said, too?

They do. It's called 'FHM'.

lol true I guess. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Fabritzo wrote:
    I was thinkin boards had gone all pc on us, it's De*d B*by jokes that aren't allowed, not dumb blonde ones....if anyone was thinking along the same lines as me.

Thank god :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I was thinking that too! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement