Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tip for Mk5 VW GOlf owners

Options
  • 14-04-2005 8:20am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought i'd let you know a about a function of your car which you may or may not know about. I only mention it because another golf owner approached me in a car park the other day while using it.

If you hold down the lock button on your keyfob for about 2 to 3 seconds, your windows will start to go up if down. It only works as long as you keep your finger on the button i.e., if you let go half way, then your windows will only be half closed. The same function works while opening the car therefore allowing you to vent your car on a hot Summer's day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

or if u hold the key in a mkiv or persumably mkv golf in the lock in either direction after 2 seconds the windows go up or down. handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

RTFM tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

esel wrote:
    RTFM tbh.

most people dont tbh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

lomb wrote:
    most people dont tbh
    Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This feature was also in the Skoda Octavia before the Golf had electric windows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement