Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 KPH Speed Limit on M50?

Options
  • 14-04-2005 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 100KPH speed limit on the Ballyboden - Dundrum parts of the M50 is a permanent thing, or will it be restored to 120KPH when the M50 is complete?

The reason I ask is because I only enter the M50 from the Tallaght exit and have only a short distance before I've to endure this 100KPH rubbish. Which as you may gather is slightly frustrating! :mad:

Thanks in advance,
    Homercles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's a permanent limit for noise reasons. With the M50 upgrade, the entire M50 will become 100kmh as the lanes will be narrower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

homercles wrote:
    Does anyone know if the 100KPH speed limit on the Ballyboden - Dundrum parts of the M50 is a permanent thing, or will it be restored to 120KPH when the M50 is complete?
    When you say restored, I don't recall it ever being a 120kph limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sure 100kph is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Get the points not the point..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Fletch, this post is over one and a half years old! :)

Looks like the user hasn't been active for a while with only 30 posts...or maybe he's unlike me and doesn't post randomly :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement