Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Custom Number Plates

Options
  • 14-04-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Just Wondering Peoples views on these. I got a number plate with my name on it as a present (I have my car reg in the north). I think it looks cool but I think I'll get the whole "look at that spa, who does he think he is" when I get it on my car. What's the gen concensus on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

I could never understand why people felt the need to have a personalised number plate. Think it's a bit sad really ....

Specially the British where some people seem to have their name as the actual reg number. Can't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I think they're kinda cool. If we could get them in this country i reckon i wouldn't mind spending a couple of hundred euro on one with my name on it (or get one as a present like you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

It's really popoular up north. Some of them are really well done, using the 4 as an A etc.... although I'm pretty sure that angling the "4" to more resemble an "A" is illegal. Don't you have to have the number plate in a certain font and a certain size?

Anyway can't wait to get my #### DAN on my car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Subtle Personalised plates are ok, e.g. your initials and a number.

But plates like 'GAZZA' or whatever are sad.

Advertisement