Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sour dough starter batch.

• 14-04-2005 10:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I want to start my own sour dough batch. I think it is without doubt the best bread to eat and puts all other daily forms in the shade....except for maybe a very good baguette!
    I dont like using dried yeast on plain batch as I dont think it gives anywhere near the result of fresh. My only option is to either start my own sour batch, which is time consuming and quite a lengthy process, or scrounge a starter portion off somebody.
    If it happens nooine has an on-going batch, then I will start one and sell it off when ready. If anyone is interested please post here so that when it is ready i can pm you to collect.
    But Id really rather take advantage of someone elses batch!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

You know you can buy a special flour in from the states that is perfect for making a starter? It is obviously unbleached and organic and has a high proportion of natural yeasts already.

Advertisement