Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Lisbon v Newcastle

• 14-04-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

It's on Setanta tonight for anyone interested, kickoff 8.15 p.m.

With a 1-0 lead and having already beaten Sporting three times this season (including one pre-season friendly), I have to be hopeful of Newcastle going through, even with comedy defender Titus Bramble back in the squad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Love to see the toon win something. I just hope they don't self destruct like they sometimes do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Not looking good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Woohoo, another one bites the dust :)

Shearer's never gona win anything, woohoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Bye bye Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How'd they get so far with that defence or are they missing ppl?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I can see them getting beat by United now on Sunday to cap off a miserable week.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

O'Brien really ought to move clubs. He's about bloody 4th choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

And wont do himself any good playing like that.

Newcastle were outclassed and desevedly knocked out imo. I was very impressed with Sporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Slash/ED wrote:
    And wont do himself any good playing like that.

Newcastle were outclassed and desevedly knocked out imo. I was very impressed with Sporting.
    Needs a good (no.1) partner. He'll be a Phil Babb imo, never able to lead the line. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah I've noticed that about him, his form when beside a Woodgate or Cunningham compared to his form beside Bramble is amazing. It's like a completley different player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I will never understand why Newcastle always fall to pieces!
    We never looked like we wanted to win the game, Bowyer and Faye gave no protection to the back four all night, and when the back four cleared the ball a midfielder lost it instantly and Newcastle were on the back foot again.

Is there some reason that Butt is not being picked to play?
    Surely he could do no worse then Faye did tonight and would sit in front of the back four for protection.

Huge clearout this summer, If Bramble doesn't get the boot I'm gonna support another club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Love to see the toon win something. I just hope they don't self destruct like they sometimes do..

Prophetic or inevitable?

As an Irish man the last goal was an absolute horror scene to watch. 3 of our first choice defenders scrambling to stop the goal. Although in Given and O'Brien's defence it was Carr's howler that gifted the Sporting Lisbon player.

Plus side from an Irish point of view was Given's spectacular save in the first half.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

sometimes I get the feeling we'll never win a trophy for all eternity :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Big Ears wrote:
    sometimes I get the feeling we'll never win a trophy for all eternity :( .

And we never will at this rate. Ludicrous defending and a manager who's specialty seems to be starting fights with his players.

Robert may be a temperamental little ****ebag but he's a billion times better than N'Zogbia, who's played about ten minutes this season. But he gets dropped because him and Souness get into a cock waving contest. Ridiculous.

Also, that overweight leecher Kluivert needs to be got rid of. 60k a week my arse.

Advertisement