Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republican Convention Arrests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ruck-it

uberwolf wrote:
    Clearly the Republican had much to gain from nipping legitimate protests in the bud at such a sensitive time. It seems the erosion of civil liberties continues to be manipulated.
    Em, they also cracked down on people protesting at the DNC. How exactly would stopping people protesting at the opposition party help the Republicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

ruck-it wrote:
    Em, they also cracked down on people protesting at the DNC. How exactly would stopping people protesting at the opposition party help the Republicans?

I cann't find links to that right now. I'll take your word for it though. What remains though that the vast majority of arrests and prosecutions in the Republican instance seemed to rely on police lying to achieve prosecutions. What is unanswered is the motivation for these arrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

I 'm afraid you dont have to go to the USA to find corrupt police impinging peoples civil liberties
    as anyone listening to frank mcbrearty on vincent browne the other night would know

coupled with the dean lyons case and the forged statements in the colm murphy case the mayday protests
    and the report on rascism

and that just what i can think of from the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

cdebru wrote:
    I 'm afraid you dont have to go to the USA to find corrupt police impinging peoples civil liberties
    as anyone listening to frank mcbrearty on vincent browne the other night would know

coupled with the dean lyons case and the forged statements in the colm murphy case the mayday protests
    and the report on rascism

and that just what i can think of from the top of my head

One track mind don't you.

DaveIRL - thanks, The first link even http://www.skywriting.com/misc/pics/free-speech-pen/

is unbelievable. The land of the free indeed. *shakes head*

• Advertisement
Advertisement