Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with MMS settings on Meteor

Options
  • 14-04-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to configure MMS to work on a Motorola V3. Unforunately when I use the automatic configuration on the Meteor webpage, when I run the update, I always get the message 'MMS has exceeded maximum size - MMS profile was not updated'. I called Meteor support but they were no good. The WAP settings worked fine however.

Anyone know what the problem might be or can you post up the Meteor MMS settings and I can configure the phone manually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Udo

Hiya - you could try these:

Settings Name : Meteor MMS
    Login Type : Automatic
    Data Bearer: GSM or GPRS
    GPRS APN : mms.mymeteor.ie
    Dial Number : 0857019999
    IP Address: 10.085.085.085
    User: my
    Password: wap
    Session : Permanent / Connection Orientated
    Security : Off
    Authentication: Normal
    Home Page: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

Wap 2.0:
    proxy adrress 10.085.085.085
    port 8799

Good Luck,

Udo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ring meteor and ask em to send them to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Thanks to all. I just figured out what the problem was. I bought my V3 from carphonewarehouse and the sim-free phone I got as part of the package to meteor already had the maximum MMS profiles pre-setup on the phone. I just needed to delete one to give room for the new Meteor MMS profile. After this, the Meteor auto-configurator worked fine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Were the MMS profiles actually locked to the phone eg they could not be deleted....I have a different phone the SE V800 with a similar problem!

Its unlocked from Vodafone and while its not a problem at the moment as using it with Vodafone bill sim - my contract is up next month and want to change it to work with my meteor sim but the profiles cannot be deleted to update with the meteor ones?

samo wrote:
    Were the MMS profiles actually locked to the phone eg they could not be deleted....I have a different phone the SE V800 with a similar problem!

Its unlocked from Vodafone and while its not a problem at the moment as using it with Vodafone bill sim - my contract is up next month and want to change it to work with my meteor sim but the profiles cannot be deleted to update with the meteor ones?

I was able to delete the preinstalled profiles. Once I deleted one, it was enough to receive the updated profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

hmmm...must take a closer look so!

Glad it worked out anyway

samo wrote:
    hmmm...must take a closer look so!

Glad it worked out anyway

Actually I made a mistake, I was able to delete a MMS profile but not anything appearing in web sessions. I spoke with a guy in carphonewarehouse and he has the same issue. He just spoke with Meteor today and the only way around the issue is to edit an existing profile and use it.

Advertisement