Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patriot XBLK Extreme Bandwith PC3200

Options
  • 14-04-2005 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Im currently building a new SLi rig and just ordered 2x512Mb of these bad boys at quite a reasonable price from pc-memory-upgrade. At stock they are 400mhz with timings of 2-2-2-5. But apparently they can clock up 533mhz with timing of 3-4-4-8. Any one got/had these? What are your experiences of overclocking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What board are you using? That sometimes can dictate what speeds your RAM can work at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Have my eyes on the DFI NF4 UT Sli-DR.. just trying to find a decent enough place to order it from. I need somewhere that takes bank wire/draft.

jes-computer.de take bank draft AFAIK. Dunno if they have the UT model though - that's fairly new.
    If you're going DFI then go with OCZ RAM, it can happily take the voltages the DFI can supply.

Jes don't have the DR model only the D, i want the cables, bag and extra SATA ports... anyone know of any other site which stock this board and take bank draft? I've already ordered the Patriots so i hope they work well, if not i'll have to start saving again for the OCZ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't know how much that ram is going to cost you but I was helping a guy build a rig recently and I spotted this on www.shop4memory.co.uk.

1Gb kit DDR PC-3200 Level1 Dual Channel - Mushkin 400Mhz, 184 pins, 64 bit, CL2, 2-3-2 Rating for 179e inc vat.

Excellent price for ram with those timings. Not sure how it overclocks but you can check out reviews if your interested.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

[strike]If you want I can stick another DFI SLI-DR onto my order for www.Overclock.co.uk
    Might save you money. It will be shipping tomorrow, as soon as one item comes in. You can pick it up from me if you're in Dublin after it arrives, and just give me the money then. I've already got another boardsie or two joined in with the order. And there is already a DFI SLI-DR in the order ;)

Let me know ASAP so I can order one for you.[/strike]

Unlucky, they don't have anymore til the 15th... :(
    Sorry

BloodBath wrote:
    I don't know how much that ram is going to cost you but I was helping a guy build a rig recently and I spotted this on www.shop4memory.co.uk.

1Gb kit DDR PC-3200 Level1 Dual Channel - Mushkin 400Mhz, 184 pins, 64 bit, CL2, 2-3-2 Rating for 179e inc vat.

Excellent price for ram with those timings. Not sure how it overclocks but you can check out reviews if your interested.

BloodBath

I have the Patriots payed for and on their way atm... shame as i thought i was limited to DRR400 on my board of choice. After a conversation with Moate Cowboy (aka Azza) today, he told me the board would run a higher spec ram as DDR400 but i would of had alot more head room for the overclocking. Not to worry though as the Patriots seem to be excellant overclockers on par with OCZ low latencies but slightly cheaper. Nice to see you anyway Bloodbath at the last LAN, are ya set for the next one?

WizZard wrote:
    [strike]If you want I can stick another DFI SLI-DR onto my order for www.Overclock.co.uk
    Might save you money. It will be shipping tomorrow, as soon as one item comes in. You can pick it up from me if you're in Dublin after it arrives, and just give me the money then. I've already got another boardsie or two joined in with the order. And there is already a DFI SLI-DR in the order ;)

Let me know ASAP so I can order one for you.[/strike]

Unlucky, they don't have anymore til the 15th... :(
    Sorry

No worries WizZard.. cheers for the offer anyway. But make sure to give us a shout next time your ordering, i'll most probably be after upgrades.

Advertisement