Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VII, VIII, and IX

Options
  • 14-04-2005 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

can anyone help me get a copy of 7, 8 and 9?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you can pick them up in dublin where you are located.saw them in a few game shops there not so long ago.although ffvii was like 45 euro which was ridiculous!
    i also would like 7.it is the only one out of them all i do not have and have not completed.
    you could also have a look on the forums where you can buy and sell things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

vii and ix can be found in Dublin i think but viii is very hard to find. A friend of mine looked for it for two years and eventually found it in tesco store in greystones co.wicklow of all places.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i bout viii for a tenner in xtra vision now i'm sayin what a deal!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unfortunately for you FFVIII is muck.

Try Ebay. The FF games are popular but definitely not rare. You will get ripped off by shops in Ireland unless you are lucky.

for a tenner i say! btw i thoroughly enjoyed it so therefore i do not believe it was muck.
    shops in ireland will rip you off yes! get it off a friend or ebay or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Okay, I did enjoy it but in terms of story, battle system and characters it was by far the worst of the FF games until the atrocious FFX-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

final fantasy 7 in gamestop or at least when it was gamesworld...

12 euro...

and perfect condition.

ask behind the counter cause most likely they try and sell off the s.hit games on the shelf to stupid parents

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Okay, I did enjoy it but in terms of story, battle system and characters it was by far the worst of the FF games until the atrocious FFX-2.

being the 2nd worst ff isn't too bad one of them has to be there.didn't take the story too seriously now lol but there are cool parts in the game i like.isn't 8 the one where your summon odin gets destroyed by cloud and your like wtf and then that other aeon comes along and kicks his ass that was great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got stuck in FFVIII when I realised I'd lost Disc 4. booo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Burn,
    Yeah seifer kills odin but gilgamesh replaces him.

• Advertisement

ah yes gilgamesh enjoyed that but i think i was really bored when it happened :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

was it possible to wait until the final disc to get odin?
    I wish i'd done that cos gilgamesh was a bit hit or miss really

never really tried assumed that odin was meant to 'die' then plus it was really great to have odin he has the best name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

im_not_ok wrote:
    was it possible to wait until the final disc to get odin?
    I wish i'd done that cos gilgamesh was a bit hit or miss really
    You've got to get him before some later fight with Seifer as
    when the fight begins, Odin appears and Seifer kicks his ass and Gilgamesh takes his place... with crapness

how do you do that spoiler thing for ages i just thought i wasn't allowed access to the information in it :p

how do you do that spoiler thing for ages i just thought i wasn't allowed access to the information in it
    Just put the spoiler in the appropriate tags like so...

[*spoiler]oh my god, keyser soze is...[/*spoiler]

without the '*'s of course

ah cool thanks.that would have been my random guess.plus nice use of the keyser as an eg.

On my first go I didn't get Odin until after the Seifer fight. He doesn't get killed then but you can't get gilgamesh afterwards.

Aye, but its pretty cool to see Odin get
    cut in half
    , gilgamesh kinda sucks though... ive only seen him do a proper damaging attack once or twice

Especially when Gilgamesh shows up to do his excalipur attack. long loading and animation sequence followed by 1 health point off the bad guys. Thanks Gilgamesh for wasting my life.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Especially when Gilgamesh shows up to do his excalipur attack. long loading and animation sequence followed by 1 health point off the bad guys. Thanks Gilgamesh for wasting my life.
    Aye, and all those swords and no damage... useless, i prefer Shiva anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Unfortunately for you FFVIII is muck.

no way!

viii has the best and most in depth battle/equip/magic system from all of those in question!

btw is there any other rpgs that uses a system like junctioning out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

They are making a film of FF7 (advent children) and they are making a Vincent Film, i am inclined to say tha 7 is and always will be the best no doubt and X-2 is not a FF game in my eyes ever since Enix joined Squaresoft the games have been getting worse

Who's with me X-2 is not an FF Game (completed all FF games Execpt 3 the japanese version 3 in america is 6)

glipmac :cool:

Glipmac wrote:
    They are making a film of FF7 (advent children) and they are making a Vincent Film
    This Vincent film you refer to isnt a film... its a game called 'Dirge of Cerebus'... and it doesnt look to good either, seems to just be shooting the crap out of stuff... i guess time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

where is the problem? shooting the crap outta stuff works for me :D

Glip :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

no way!

viii has the best and most in depth battle/equip/magic system from all of those in question!

btw is there any other rpgs that uses a system like junctioning out there?

Junctioning made the game way to easy. Junction 100 Firagas/Curagas or whatever (I remeber spending hours getting 100 of most spells for every character. :o) to each characters stats and you were sorted for the game.

And the most annoying GF in respect to loading time was Eden I think its name was? You drew it from the Ultima machine? I only used it once, as it took 40 damn seconds for the animation to finish.

dan_y wrote:
    i know this thread has kind of drifted off topic but i just want to thank those people who gave advice on how to find them and let you know i just bought all three from ebay for less than £30. so if anyone else is looking for a copy of any of VII, VIII or IX for themselves ebay is definately a good place to look.

good job you will enjoy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Thanks Gilgamesh for wasting my life.

you are most certainly welcome.

but for me, thoughout all the games Bahamut was the best, especially in VII having then of them rocked bigtime, the animation was great aswell

shiva was also fairly cool but in my opinion odin just out classed them all!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I liked Alexander in FF IX aswell, the cutscene when he was activated the first time was great

Advertisement