Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VII, VIII, and IX

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i thought that was cool too but it was long ago and didn't wanna say so incase i got it wrong and looked like an idiot 'no0b sequenc3'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Gilgamesh wrote:
    but for me, thoughout all the games Bahamut was the best, especially in VII having then of them rocked bigtime, the animation was great aswell

i have to agree with u there, i got a figure of bahamut in my room(geek or wha)

neo bahamut looked the fooking shiznit!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

shiva was also fairly cool but in my opinion odin just out classed them all!.

Damn right! My favourite summon of the lot, really dark and sinister, loved how there were two different versions depending on who you were fighting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

btw is there any other rpgs that uses a system like junctioning out there?

None because it was a messy and over complicated system. My first time through the game I didn't bother learning it because I didn't have to since the game was so easy. however when the last boss came around I was in a world of trouble. What ensued was a 1hr+ battle that was fought with every dirty magic combo I've learned from the FF games. My second time through the game I took the time to learn the junction system. I then blitzed the game. I didn't use a summon once since my normal characters were unstoppable killing machines and the last boss went down like a sack of proverbial excrement in under 10 minutes.

As for the story it was worthless waffle. I remember the scene when the characters
    remember that they grew up together but didn't remember because of the GFs or some waffle like that. It was cringe inducing and made me want to be sick. The main bad guy changed so much and new ones introduced that you didn't care who they were because it wasn't explained very well why they were evil. The last witch you fight just appeared out of nowhere in the story. It was worse than FFIV. Then Seifer who was an immature twat and had absolutely no reason to be fighting against you. There were some good scenes in the game, the part in space was beautiful, very 2001, but spoiled by the lunar cry nonsense.
    And then there was the characters. Rinoa the annoying bunny boiler, Squall the ignorant asshole, Zell the twat, Irvine who didn't add anything to the story, Selphie was up there with the FFX-2 girls for most annoying character ever and Quistis was interesting but was completely forgotten about after the first half hour.

That was some rant about a game that i did actually enjoy despite it being seriously flawed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

FF8 was easily the worst Final Fantasy. It just felt like such a sell-out. It had a very "Westernized" feel to it. Kind of. And Seifer seemed like a Sephiroth wannabe. I mean come on: Seifer/Seifer-oth? And the whole drawing magic system was a pian. So much so that I didn't bother using magic for most of the game. Damn if I was gonna spend any more time dragging firaga out of some muppety monster for a few stat points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

I actually enjoyed FFVIII. Granted, the junctionign system made the game too easy and the story/characters were a bit crap, but I found the gameplay enjoyable and it does have some memorable scenes - especially some of the FMV's. The intro and the FMV just before their SeeD test both stand out. The music was great as well.

If you want sell out and general all round crapness, look no further than X-2. It is one of the few games that I've never finished due to all round crappiness. And I've finished some pretty crap games ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

youd be lucky to find any ps1 copy of a ff. i foolishly sold ffvii when i finished it, but promptly bought it on ebay for 7 dollars. it workd fine too. now i just need a f*ckin ps1 memory card!! ive never seen the end of ffviii. my cd was scratched.... and yeah, x-2 was attrocious. still played it though. is xi worth gettin? ive actually heard nothin of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I myself find it almost impossible to find some FF copies on PS1. Always looking for another copy of VII or VIII, luckily I got a copy of the VIII disc I needed. To buy these is hard, especially if you dont have a credit card. :P

Advertisement