Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Afternoon Show

• 14-04-2005 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,
    I am just wondering what everybody thinks of RTE's Teh Afternoon Show presented by Anna Nolan, Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh and Sheana Keane. Persoanlly i think its really good. Its fresh, interesting and good fun! The presenters are agreat and have improved brilliantly as has the show. Now that its comign to the end of the current series i hope that it will return in Spetember again as it was far better than that dated old Open House.

Does anyone know if it will return in September and what do people think of the show in general? Also i never hear muich talk of the big bite how is this show dong? its is mioving to 5.30 so dhas this been renewed or what and what do people think of it? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

I've only seen it a few times but it appears to be one of the worst programmes ever conceived, made or broadcast in the past, present or the future until the end of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Its better than open house anyway! I think its grown on me a bit.. What annoys me about it is that its tryin to be like that show on UTV "Loose Women"
    Love to win that €1000 tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

Pile of steaming crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I think its hilarous! Blathnaid is so funny, very natural and really the only one who makes it bareable. The rest are a bit rubbish, Anna is so wooden sometimes but I really do enjoy looking at it for the laugh. It doesn't take itself seriously at all either which is a plus. I'd get rid of that Sheana one though, totally obsessed with how she looks and I think she'd prefer to be on primetime or something.

With Live at Three or Open House, I always felt it was aimed at the mature audience, OAPS and the like and the content, while anodyne, was harmless and well judged for the audience.

With The Afternoon Show (and okay, I haven't seen much of it), you get the impression that it is aimed at Moms who drop their children off to the private school in their 4X4. The presenters are very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I saw the film 'Flawless' (aka Philip Seymour Hoffman in drag) a while back and ever since I cannot look at Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh without feeling a little uneasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

tvfan wrote:
    Hi all,
    I am just wondering what everybody thinks of RTE's Teh Afternoon Show presented by Anna Nolan, Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh and Sheana Keane. Persoanlly i think its really good. Its fresh, interesting and good fun! The presenters are agreat and have improved brilliantly as has the show. Now that its comign to the end of the current series i hope that it will return in Spetember again as it was far better than that dated old Open House.

Does anyone know if it will return in September and what do people think of the show in general? Also i never hear muich talk of the big bite how is this show dong? its is mioving to 5.30 so dhas this been renewed or what and what do people think of it? :D

Do you work for Green Inc Film and Television Productions Limited or RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

pork99 wrote:
    Do you work for Green Inc Film and Television Productions Limited or RTE?

Sounds like it.

Show's watchable but you get the impression the presenters are too intelligent for some of the stuff they have to talk about.

I wondered if that post was from the makers. It was the first thought that crossed my mind.

However.....
    simu wrote:
    Show's watchable but you get the impression the presenters are too intelligent for some of the stuff they have to talk about.

this thought never crossed my mind. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

tvfan wrote:
    I am just wondering what everybody thinks of RTE's Teh Afternoon Show presented by Anna Nolan, Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh and Sheana Keane.

This trio have great chemistry, can be very funny with ad libbed comments from the presenters (suposedly ad libbed anyway - I've heard the show is rehearsed to death in the morning...).

Content is a bit hit and miss, and often very boring (though I admit the show isn't aimed at me). Very dodgy kitchen set, particularly when the presenters are sitting around the table. Whoever is not behind the desk looks completely out of place. The attempt to be futuristic with the palm devices also looks a bit daft. What's wrong with a good old fashioned clipboard?!

Overall, not the worst thing output by RTE - the presenters more than make up for the lack of substance in the show's content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Have hated this programme from the very start....bring back Mary and Marty, they had great dynamics together. The trio on the other hand are tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's no worse than most day time TV programs.
    The attempt to be futuristic with the palm devices also looks a bit daft

Mmm. And it was done by RI:SE 3 years ago, and look where that ended up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I think they way they go through mobile phones themselves to read out the messages ppl send in is ridiculous. I know they are trying to look modern and everything but jees I find it extremely unprofessional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

I think RTE should put their hands up at this stage and admit they made a huge mistake! I mean, Mary and Marty had a devoted viewer base, and have left a huge hole in many viewers daytime schedules.. particularly OAPs, who RTE seem to have lost all respect for. I mean, at the end of the day, its those viewers who have stuck with RTE for 40 odd years.. why they aren't being respected in their twilight years is a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Well i quite enjoy the programme to be honest, but then again i'm easily entertained.

Advertisement