Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card stamp duty

Options
  • 14-04-2005 3:22pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I have 2 credit cards - do I have to pay stamp duty on both of them.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

It goes by the 'account' rather than the card. So if I have a Tesco credit card, and a second card on the same account (for my partner e.g.), I pay €40 and have two 'cards' on that one account. If I have another account (e.g. MBNA), I will pay the stamp duty again.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

If i change over to tesco from aib will i have to pay stamp duty twice even if i cancel aib now ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think Tesco will pay the stamp duty for first year in their current promotion?

I have both an AIB Mastercard and Tesco Visa, and had to cough up €80 :( My one gripe with Tesco Visa is I cannot view my transactions online, like I can with AIB. I tend to use banking online a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Do you also have to pay duty on a Laser card if I already have a Credit Card payable from the same account? Or can you get combined Laser/Credit Cards?

Advertisement