Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sentimental Journey

• 14-04-2005 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Today at lunch time a few of us were sitting around reminiscing about our dogs. Mine died only last year and I really miss her. Isn't just amasing how they affect us. My mum still has a picture of her in her wallet and I have one on the fridge.

So anyway it got me thinking of an idea for a post, Sentimental stories about past pets.....

Our dog was called Kimmy, she was half collie and half springer spaniel, black and white and mad as can be. She was very clever and always knew what was going on. When we were was leaving the house and Kimmy was staying behind, mum would call "Mind the house" and Kimmy would go in to her bed and wait for us to come back.
    After she died, we buried her in the back garden and my mum got a little head stone that reads;

Kimmy Coyne 1988 - 2004
    Mind the House

Dogs come in to our lives and enrich them so much, we are so lucky to have them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i've had pets my whole life, i cant imagine living without animals running around the house. The one that i miss the most is a black and white cat who got out of the house and was killed by a car about 3 years ago. She played fetch better than any dog. I'd toss pieces of crumpled paper and shes race after them. All i had to do was rustle paper anywhere in the house and she'd come running. I still miss her. :(

sissy.bmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

god now I'm depressed,
    I've lost two cats and most recently my little chipmunk, Teeny who died over christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

tovalee wrote:

sissy.bmp

Oh she looks so clever!! Very bright eyes!

I hope I'm not depressing people, I know its sad to talk about these things, but sometimes its good to remember! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

After she died, we buried her in the back garden and my mum got a little head stone that reads;

Kimmy Coyne 1988 - 2004
    Mind the House

Can I ask where your mum got the headstone? Our dog died last year and is buried in the garden. My mum wanted to put some sort of headstone on the spot. I'd like to get his name carved on a nice stone or something but don't know how to go about getting it done.

I miss him so much :( He was our only pet and now so kitchen seems so empty without him.. And a cat has started sleeping in our garden! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Now that you mention it, it is funny how attached we can get to an animal.

My family had a beagle for years - he had to be put down last year. He snorted when he walked, and used to sit on the window sils and snot all over the glass. He would also sit in the 'beg' position for the entire duration of any meal/snack we had. We created a monster in that dog :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Hester wrote:
    Can I ask where your mum got the headstone? Our dog died last year and is buried in the garden. My mum wanted to put some sort of headstone on the spot. I'd like to get his name carved on a nice stone or something but don't know how to go about getting it done.

I miss him so much :( He was our only pet and now so kitchen seems so empty without him.. And a cat has started sleeping in our garden! :mad:

Well my mum lives in France and that's where Kimmy died so that's where she bought the head stone. But I think you can get small head stones from any of those places that sell headstones(I know there's a name for them but I can't think of it now), they'll do them up for you and engrave them.

Advertisement