Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Final Fantasy Game?

Options
  • 14-04-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

Just to get the ball rolling on this which was the best final fantasy game you ever played? The best one I thought was Final Fantasy 7 in my opinion.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

as that is the only one i havn'tplayed i can't say it's not the best. i really enjoyed ix
    and ffi as it started it off and was actually a hard game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Final Fantasy VII for me too but I really liked VIII too
    There was something about IX that I didn't like though I never really got into it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i really liked the characters of ix if i recall-it has been a while.
    vivi rocked as did freya and quina...i particularily liked in one of the sequences when it shows garnet walkin down some steps how real the steps looked.i like little aspects like that etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah vivi was cool and there were some good sequences but I really didn't like zidane (i think that's his name). I just didn't like him as a lead character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Only played VII, VIII and X, liked all 3 of them. X was great, nice graphics and easily playable whereas VII was just awesome, the story, the characters, the gameplay, the golden saucer :). Also liked VIII, while others say it is crap, I found it enjoyable.

VII will always be at the number 1 spot no matter though.

• Advertisement

im_not_ok wrote:
    yeah vivi was cool and there were some good sequences but I really didn't like zidane (i think that's his name). I just didn't like him as a lead character

i don't think you have to like the main character to like the game in general.hating the main char can be good too!
    if it was otherwise i would never have watched evangelion!
    p.s. i think vivi was the main char! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

FFVII for me too. Playing it through for the third time now. The soundtrack for it is great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

i think vivi was the main char!
    Could be... he did have as much ties to the story as Zidane

Id say id have to throw it up between FF6, 7 and 9... depends on how im feeling, 6 at the moment... methinks ill play it again.

methinks i'll join you!
    actually i must get seven i've only seen it played for a few mins and i need to settle which is the best in my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I did a poll on this awhile ago i think it finished with VII winning by around a hundred votes.

• Advertisement

i must get seven i've only seen it played for a few mins and i need to settle which is the best in my mind!
    You wont be dissapointed by it, fantastic game and well worth your money and time... oh man, i forgot how much i loved the intro to six... *exhales deeply*

lol six was good.

i remember that poll i voted for ix i believe.guess it lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

lol six was good.

yeah six was very impressive, apart form the fact you had about 15 characters to be taken into the last place which required obscene amounts of training

ive played a good few of the games and id say VII is my favourite followed by IX maybe or VI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

AlcoholicA wrote:
    I did a poll on this awhile ago i think it finished with VII winning by around a hundred votes.

tbh though, I think that VII got so many votes as it was also the first PC version out there and between the two that did come out for PC aswell, VII was the better one.

I liked 6 most, remember playing for WEEKS!!!! on end, think it was the most innovative one. allthough I liked VII for the story and liked X for the amazing ending. Liked IX for the involvement of bahamut

played 1 to 5 aswell, but can't remember much of them anymore, was a while ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played them all except FFXI. Heres my list

1. FFVII
    2. FFX
    3. FFVI
    4. FFTactics (PS1)
    5. FFIX
    6. FFIV
    7. FFIII
    8. FFV
    9. FFI
    10. FFVIII
    11. FF Tactics Advance
    12. FFII
    13. FF:CC
    14. FFX-2

when in rome...

1)FFVII
    2)FFIX
    3)FFVI
    4)FFIV
    5)FFX
    6)FFV until the before the end..
    7)FFVIII
    8)FFII
    9)FFI
    10)FFX-2

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I've played alot of them but completing them is another story. The one's I haven't played are II, III, XI and X-2 (which I have no intention of playing... :D )

Favourite beyong a shadow of a doubt is FFVII. Then it'd be FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFIV. The rest I don't remember much about having played them almost exactly at the same time on emulators. Way to confuse storylines!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FFVII no other game even compares to it! such a lej of a game!

Top 5... most from memory though

1. FF6
    2. FF9
    =. FF7
    4. FFT (ps1)
    5. FF8

4 and 5 change so often that i cant stick... and 2 and 3 switch places far too much as well, indecisive much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Man eating cow

No Competition, The best ff has to be ff7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Give that man a cake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I can understand why FFVII is considered the best FF for many. It was the first great 3D RPG really, add to that the fact that for a lot of people, it was the first FF they played, the SNES games never really got widespread releases over here until after the popularity of VII. The system in FFVII was great aswell, perfect, actually. VIII had an overly complex system whic threw many people off what was actually a great game, and IX was just too simplistic.
    For me, VII isn't the best though, I'd pick V, it was a great game with a good witty storyline, and imo the best combat/levelling system of any FF. VI is also a great game, for V nips it for me.
    As for the "next gen" games, X was good, it was trying to be too much like VII though, the Sphere system felt all too familiar for me, and the spikey haired main character, but it was a great game non the less. X-2 was awful, just a desperate attempt for a near bankrupt Square to get money. And XI, ugh, why did they try to make an MMORPG, it was just painful.

for me. V > VI > VII > X > VIII > IX > I > II > XI > X-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

For me, the list would be
    1)FFVI
    2)FFVII (/awaits to be pelted with stones for putting FFVI first)
    3)FFX
    4)FFVIII
    5)FFIX

The only other FF I played is X-2, and the less said about that the better I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

VI was good but not the best X-2 is not an FF game in my eyes Squaresoft should not have joind up with Enix (bad idea)

FF7 was the first FF games i played and have loved ever since, completed
    1-10 (not X-2 It was Kack!) i have heard that FF6 in america is the same as FF3 in japan thats why there is no FF3 on PS

Dont for get Advent Children

Glip :cool:

i like the early ones like ff 1 cos it was hard but i think the story was better in others :)

i like the early ones like ff 1 cos it was hard but i think the story was better in others :)

they were harder yeah but if youve played FFII like i did, in ended up with ridicoulosy lopsided characters that were promptly destroyed once i reached pandemonium

that was the only thing that put me off that one, i think four is great though apart from everyone "dying" about 3 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Felstorm

only played the later ones VII+ but VII is by far the best. Great story great everything. Even though i have yet to complete 7,9,10 (i do own them)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grimloch wrote:
    they were harder yeah but if youve played FFII like i did, in ended up with ridicoulosy lopsided characters that were promptly destroyed once i reached pandemonium

The levelling up system of FFII put me off it as well. What ruined it was the levelling down and the ridiculous amount of effort you had to put it to actually be able to take on the next dungeon. Did you notice that Square left the levelling up bug in the game in the FF Origins package. It really is the only way to level up without any controller tantrums :D

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The levelling up system of FFII put me off it as well. What ruined it was the levelling down and the ridiculous amount of effort you had to put it to actually be able to take on the next dungeon. Did you notice that Square left the levelling up bug in the game in the FF Origins package. It really is the only way to level up without any controller tantrums :D

hehe, yes by glitch you mean hitting your own characters to make them level up faster?

my characters had defense of 90 ish, haste of less than 10 and other poor attributes, levelling down was the most frustrating thing and the way that some attributes refused to go up

• Advertisement

Thats not the glitch. If you slect attack or magic but cancel when you are selecting the enemy the computer thinks you attacked the enemy. Do this a few times (about 50 :rolleyes: ) and you will probably level up that attribute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement