Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB antenna photos ? Can you post some?

• 14-04-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Am looking for some photos of the IBB atenna if anyone would be so good as to take some for me? BE great if a few people could, as I hear it needs to go on a different position and a different height depending on location.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you do a search back through my posts I posted some a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Cheers for those photos :)

Does it have to be so high up on all of them? Or does it depend on location? Anyone else got some shots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Depends on location. no pics of mine, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Depends on where your best signal is. mine is about the same as the picture but my house is high enough so its not a eye sore. I thought it would be alot worse than it is.

• Advertisement

It's always installed by the chimney? I assume the engineer has all the equipment to get up on the roof etc? I assume he's not got issues wandering around on the roof lots? (as there's no room for a ladder in the back)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's always installed by the chimney? I assume the engineer has all the equipment to get up on the roof etc? I assume he's not got issues wandering around on the roof lots? (as there's no room for a ladder in the back)

Not always by the chimney, we have one at work and it is against a wall with a 2 or 3 meters pole, I'll get a photo tomorrow.

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Does it have to be so high up on all of them? Or does it depend on location? Anyone else got some shots ?

The pole my antenna is on is only about half as high as in the pics posted. I suppose it's location dependent.

Cheers lads, appreciate the info and photos :)

I've gone ahead and ordered the 2Mbit package :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ciaranfo wrote:
    Cheers lads, appreciate the info and photos :)

I've gone ahead and ordered the 2Mbit package :P

Prepare for the long wait and !don't" cancel your old BB service until a month after you get IBB incase there is issues !!!

:-)

Indeed, my Netsource contract will overlap by 3 or 4 months til I make sure I've got the decent gaming pings too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well myself and drapper are in D15 and our ariels are not as high as some of the ones on those photos. My ariel was getting a full signal when it was still in the back of the installers van though as im ver close to the atrium so perhaps they dident need to my mine up high at all. I have no photos of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Mine is nice and neat against my chimney, you wouldnt even notice it !!

NOT:- MaKe sure your there when the lads are installing.........and ask the results of the signal test !

Bah, I won't be there for the install more then likely due to college :(

Advertisement