Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Final Fantasy song?

Options
  • 14-04-2005 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

It has to be cosmo canyon from FFVII, but one winged angel and the temple of the ancients were brilliant too - that entire soundtrack was amazing

Did anyone buy the soundtrack to FFVII, or any of the other ones for that matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cosmo canyon is definitely a classic, such a nice little song. Terra and Bran Bal from FF9 are very nice too and pick any of the piano collection songs and ill like it... great stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

those ones kinda sum it up.some songs in FF just got annoying though argh 200 hours of hearing that? ahhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Granted a majority of them are just remixed or edit versions so can get repetitive, but some of the music is abosolute legend and makes me nostaligic anytime i hear it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Granted a majority of them are just remixed or edit versions so can get repetitive, but some of the music is abosolute legend and makes me nostaligic anytime i hear it.

ya love when i hear that fight encounter song oh the 1000's of memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

So many good song. I can't resist the urge to make a list of my favourites in no particular order, sorry... :p

Holding My Thoughts In My Heart
    Aerith's Theme
    Main Theme
    Ahead On Our Way
    Those Chosen By The Planet
    Highwind Takes To The Skies
    A Secret Sleeping In The Deep Sea
    Prelude

Never really got into the other FF's so I can't comment on them.

Haven't bought any CD's but I do have all the songs in minipsf format, the OST, Piano Collections and Reunion Tracks. Oh, and this great file I found of some American high-school orchestra doing a medley of FFVII tracks. :D It's deadly trying to recognise as many themes as you can, though they make a few mistakes... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's tough. One winged angel and Liberi Fatali are great. Interrupeted by fireworks is nice too.
    Man, when I get thinking about it there's so many fantastic songs. Retaliation from FF8 deserves a nod too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFVII has the best soundtrack of the FF games. My favourites are:

you can hear the cry of the planet.
    Aeriths Theme
    Overworld Theme

FFX had another stunning soundtrack. Favourites from that are:

boss theme
    Aeon battle

And there is a special place in my heart for Terras theme from FFVI and Red Wings from FFIV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Retr0gamer wrote:
    FFVII has the best soundtrack of the FF games

FFX had another stunning soundtrack.

i agree with you on the FFVII, i always found the genova battle to be very pleasant indeed among all the rest

for the most part i disliked the X soundtrack

cant say i remember much from the I-VI soundtracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

one of my all time favs was the track 'At zanarkand' from FF X lovely piece of piano music, one of my top chillout songs

got myself the soundtrack to FFX from Japiland.
    also got the piano music for 7 8 and 9 with MP3s to them worth listening to

Gilgamesh wrote:
    one of my all time favs was the track 'At zanarkand' from FF X lovely piece of piano music, one of my top chillout songs

i retract my earlier criticism, i really liked that piece, fitted in nicely with the whole place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

grimloch wrote:
    i retract my earlier criticism, i really liked that piece, fitted in nicely with the whole place

Another good one from FFX was Suteki Da Ne (isn't it beautiful), it was the only one with vocals from X, great song

Another good one from FFX was Suteki Da Ne (isn't it beautiful), it was the only one with vocals from X, great song

where is that again?

Cant think where you hear it... i like the sound of the english lyrics better though but the japanese ones still make it a superb song.

Now listeing to piano collections FF6, 'Spinach Rag' and 'Kids Run Through City Corner' and of course the eternal 'Terra's Theme' are most certainly peaks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

There's so many fantastic ones... Some that spring to mind are:

One Winged Angel, J-E-N-O-V-A, Aeris' Theme, Vamo allo Flamenco (FF9 - always makes me chuckle), Electric de Chocobo (come on, they rock :p ), Crazy Motorcycle and Cid's Theme (such a commanding theme).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

i really like aeris' theme and the way it's used throughout VII. it really added something to her funeral scene and it was the perfect theme for the epic end to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The advent children version of One Winged Angel is the best one IMHO.
    Also Protecting my devotion (steiner and beatrix,ff9) is kinda good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

few good ones

FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC
    Vamo' Alla Flamenco - preformed by the black mages.
    J.E.N.O.V.A. - preformed by the black mages
    Those who fight further - preformed by the black mages
    Final fantasy VII - Prelude.
    Final fantasy VII AC - Prelude.

Infini wrote:
    The advent children version of One Winged Angel is the best one IMHO.
    So right... now thats a powerful song, in fact all the AC updated songs are bloody excellent.

And not forgetting the 2 black mages albums, 'Vamo Alla Flamenco' and 'Matoya's Cave' by them on the second album are superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

A few of my favourites would be:

FFVI:
    Aria de Mezzo Caraterre
    The Awakening
    Both Celes's and Terra's theme (even in midi format these all sound great!)

FFVII:
    One Winged Angel
    Sephiroths theme

FFVIII:
    Liberi Fatali
    The Landing

No music in the later games really stand out for me, I personally think FFVI has the best soundtrack overall, but that could be my Nintendo fanboyism coming out ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Wait... There's updated versions of the songs for AC? o_O

Different from the FF7 Reunion CD, are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I really like otherworld from the FFX soundtrack too
    Doesn't sound like a final fantasy song though

Im_Not_Ok wrote:
    Doesnt sound like a final fantasy song though
    Thats because it was done by a band seperate from Square-Enix, cant think of the name of the band though... damn.

The Black Mages version of otherworld was okay, but the replacement of the mans voice with a womans may have been a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

halenger wrote:
    Wait... There's updated versions of the songs for AC? o_O

Different from the FF7 Reunion CD, are they?

If I remember right from what I've read, he's rearranging the orchestration, and the tracks will be more "rock based" that they were in the original game. So yeah, the music will different from the Reunion CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

The piano piece on the main menu area of FF X-2. Can't remember the name.....
    One of my fav tunes ever. Made me pick up the piano. Which was not easy, it being heavy and all.

Rhyme wrote:
    Thats because it was done by a band seperate from Square-Enix, cant think of the name of the band though... damn.

The Black Mages version of otherworld was okay, but the replacement of the mans voice with a womans may have been a mistake

Sounds a lot like rammstein, but I dunno if it's them - I couldn't imagine them being on an FF soundtrack :D

im_not_ok wrote:
    Sounds a lot like rammstein, but I dunno if it's them - I couldn't imagine them being on an FF soundtrack :D
    Its not Rammstein for sure, apart from me actually looking this up and finding the name of the band and then losing the URL (how?) if you listen to the speaking bit in the song, that accent sounds nothing like anything any of the band members could manage

Rhyme wrote:
    Its not Rammstein for sure, apart from me actually looking this up and finding the name of the band and then losing the URL (how?) if you listen to the speaking bit in the song, that accent sounds nothing like anything any of the band members could manage

Good point, but the riff has got a Rammstein feel to it

got this after googling it: (Music: Uematsu Nobuo, Lyrics: Alexander O. Smith, Vocals: Bill Muir)

Bill Muir is the frontman of 'xtillidiex', a japanese straight-edge hardcore band...cool

im_not_ok wrote:
    Bill Muir is the frontman of 'xtillidiex', a japanese straight-edge hardcore band...cool
    YES... THANK YOU... thats the one... i knew it had a load of x's in it, i can sleep well tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

One of the great things about the series is how unimportant beating the game becomes. At least for me anyway. So as a result the songs that i remember are very rarely the final boss fights!

But still... has anybody mentioned the music when you fight Seph at the very end of Final Fantasy VII. It had an actual choir and this was when the playstation first came out! I remember being mesmorized by it.

Best final boss music ever.

Then again i agree with earlier comments, Sephs music in general was awesome.

Advertisement