Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Final Fantasy song?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Yeah that was A One-Winged Angel. The sound quality of the original Playstation music wasn't up to much, but that sounded amazing. Really suited the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

I dont think anyone has mentioned two of the greatest FF songs: the Balamn Garden theme and Forever Rachel (FFV methinks). them two, cosmo canyon and Aeris' theme are the best. can you get Before Crisis in Forbidden Planet in dub?

oh, and the Zanarkand theme. or is it the zanarkand theme? it could be called To Zanarkand or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

acri wrote:
    I dont think anyone has mentioned two of the greatest FF songs: the Balamn Garden theme and Forever Rachel (FFV methinks). them two, cosmo canyon and Aeris' theme are the best. can you get Before Crisis in Forbidden Planet in dub?
    If Before Crisis is the Turks game, then you need a specific phone that isnt for sale outseide of japan... its a panasonic i do believe, nut im sure someone will find a way to get it on their pc one way or another.
    acri wrote:
    oh, and the Zanarkand theme. or is it the zanarkand theme? it could be called To Zanarkand or something
    Yup, its called 'To Zanarkand' and its a tremendous piece of work... i have it on my phone and id use it if i could bring myself stop the song by answering

Rhyme wrote:
    If Before Crisis is the Turks game, then you need a specific phone that isnt for sale outseide of japan... its a panasonic i do believe, nut im sure someone will find a way to get it on their pc one way or another.

Yup, its called 'To Zanarkand' and its a tremendous piece of work... i have it on my phone and id use it if i could bring myself stop the song by answering

heh, tremendous. what a word. you sure Before Crisis aint a comic? im pretty sure its a manga that was released bout autumn last year. the Turks are undeniably the coolest characters ever created for anything ever. them and vincent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

acri wrote:
    heh, tremendous. what a word. you sure Before Crisis aint a comic? im pretty sure its a manga that was released bout autumn last year. the Turks are undeniably the coolest characters ever created for anything ever. them and vincent
    Im pretty sure Before Crisis is a phone based RPG...

Link (Unofficial)

Link (Official)

Ch-ch-check it out

Rhyme wrote:
    Im pretty sure Before Crisis is a phone based RPG...

Link (Unofficial)

Link (Official)

Ch-ch-check it out

i stand corrected. i gotta follow up this manga info i got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

My friend had some FF8 music on his ipod under "John Williams"... that doesn't seem right, but the opening music to that game is brilliant.

Otherwise, I've only played FF7, I love the Highwind Music and the Sephiroth (possibly Jenova, it's been a while since I played) theme, a big spooky choral thing.

The piano piece on the main menu area of FF X-2. Can't remember the name.....
    One of my fav tunes ever. Made me pick up the piano. Which was not easy, it being heavy and all.

i have this one as my ringtone. its called Eternity and was arranged byyy...i...dont...know! most probably Nobuo Uematsu. what a legend.

Undergod wrote:
    My friend had some FF8 music on his ipod under "John Williams"... that doesn't seem right, but the opening music to that game is brilliant.

Nah nothing to do with John Williams, don't think he'd be capable of pulling off anything like that... :p But I completely forgot about that, amazing track, Liberi Fatal I think it's called.

Something about big orchestral tracks with dramatic gothic choirs singing in Latin that suit Final Fantasy games. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I think my favourite song would be Princess Garnets song in Final 10. I used to keep humming it everytime i heard it. :)

Does anybody make their own versions of Final Fantasy tracks using music software? Here's a version of On That Day, 5 Years Ago I tried.

That was made using FL Studio with Squidfont, a free (and in retrospect, a horribly digital sounding) Orchestral Soundfont. Unfortunately I messed up the timing near the end if anybody spots it, but my excuse is that [excuse] at the time I was using a demo version of FL Studio, which wouldn't let me save, so I had to do this in one night. Once I thought I had it finished I closed the program, only to realise the mistake. [/excuse] :(

Anyway after doing that a few months ago, I've picked up a much more realistic set of orchestral sounds (Edirol HQ Orchestral), and a full version of FL Studio, so I'm hoping to try a few more tracks in the future.

Anybody else do this kind of thing? Would love to hear any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Does anybody make their own versions of Final Fantasy tracks using music software? Here's a version of On That Day, 5 Years Ago I tried.

That was made using FL Studio with Squidfont, a free (and in retrospect, a horribly digital sounding) Orchestral Soundfont. Unfortunately I messed up the timing near the end if anybody spots it, but my excuse is that [excuse] at the time I was using a demo version of FL Studio, which wouldn't let me save, so I had to do this in one night. Once I thought I had it finished I closed the program, only to realise the mistake. [/excuse] :(

Anyway after doing that a few months ago, I've picked up a much more realistic set of orchestral sounds (Edirol HQ Orchestral), and a full version of FL Studio, so I'm hoping to try a few more tracks in the future.

Anybody else do this kind of thing? Would love to hear any.

cool i really wanna listen to the track but im in college so I've to wait until tonight :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chaos-wing

That song in Final Fantasy X is called Blitzball arena rock and it IS Rammstein hard to beleve... There in FFX-2 i think but i am not sure if you dont beleve me search Ramstein Final fantasy X youl find it prety fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

There is no song called blitzball arena rock in FFX or FFX2. Pretty sure it wasnt ramstein. There is no mention of them on the square-enix albums website. I think ur thinking of Otherworld in FFX. It was in the intro and one of the last boss battles.

Aside from all the usual songs (1 winged angel etc) I always liked the melodies from the intro music of FFVI and the opera music in the same game. They are very impressive when done by a full orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Also If u check out ocremix there r loads of final fantasy remixes from dance to orchestra stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chaos-wing

Otherworld ya found it you were right but i see they also call it Blitzball arena rock but enh what ever they call it it rocks ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

For me its gotta be
    City of the ancients (ff7)
    Burmecia(ff9)

Both very relaxing to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

For me its gotta be
    City of the ancients (ff7)
    Burmecia(ff9)

Both very relaxing to listen to.

City of the Ancients (You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet)...relaxing?? Are you mad? It's ****ing creepy! And one of my favourites also, along with Interrupted by Fireworks, The Forested Temple, J-E-N-O-V-A, Descendant of Shinobi, The Nightmare Begins, Reunion, Weapon Raid, Jenova Absolute, Holding My Thoughts in My Heart, The Countdown Begins, The Birth of a God, Valley of the Fallen Star, Flowers Blooming in the Church, Still More Fighting, Chasing the Black Caped Man, Off the Edge of Despair, On the other Side of the Mountain, the three orchestrated pieces from the reunion tracks...

And that's just FFVII... Sorry about the big list... It's all nostalgia, nostalgia, nostalgia.

As for the other games I've played:

FFVI - Aria de Mezzo Caraterre and Terra's theme come to mind right now

FFVIII - Liberi Fatali, Fragments of Memories, Only a Plank Between one and Perdition, The Castle, Balamb Garden, Find Your Way, Silence and Motion, Fisherman's Horizon, Blue Fields, Succession of Witches, The Successor (from Piano Collections), The Man with the Machine Gun and FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC.

FFIX - ...the music never really caught my attentin in this one... Don't know why. oh well.

FFX - I find a lot of the music kinda annoying in this.. Otherworld was a poor choice for the battle against Jecht.. I hate Suteki Da Ne.. that girl(Rikki?)'s voice is so horribly nasal, even for japanese....I just didn't really like the game overall, thought it was sub standard.

But that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GreenKnight

Definitely Otherworld from FFX. Think that song is deadly, I even downloaded it onto my Ipod :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GreenKnight

Definitely Otherworld from FFX. Think that song is deadly, I even downloaded it onto my Ipod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miskin_12

http://music.ign.com/articles/730/730189p1.html

Accurate?
    I really liked Jenova and One Winged Angel.Thought Liberi Fatali was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

I love playing 'To Zanarkland' on the piano..

But all the ff music is brilliant.. Even the chocobo theme that runs throughout!

*gaugh*

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

To zanarkand - FFX
    Battle with Gilgamesh - FFV, i think
    Decisive Battle - FFVI
    Never look back - FFVIII
    Jenova Birth - FFVII
    Seymour Battle - FFX

What comes to mind, many more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Beatrix's theme from FFIX is one that I thought was really nice, as well as all the usuals, one winged angel, aerith's theme etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Lets see.... One Winged Angel, JENOVA, Aeris's Theme, To Zanarkand, Besaid Theme, Gagazet Theme, Suteki Da Ne, Seymour's Theme and Libertati Fatalis.

I hope I spelled all those right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

One of the main chord progressions from the Temple Of The Ancients music from VII always reminds me of one of the main chord progressions from Metallica's Call Of Ktulu.

Anyway I love Aeris' Theme, Lunatic Pandora, The Castle, Ending Theme. And I do love Eyes On Me. Despite the sap factor :)
    And obviously One Winged Angel will always be a classic one.

Heh my friend has one of the best tracks on his phone. Remember that really annoying music from A) some part of the midgar slums and B) in the nibelheim mountains? The one that builds up and then just stops and restarts with that bassline. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i didnt run through every posts in this thread cause' i just wanna say:
    this is the list of all my collection:

FF OST from IV-->XI,includes FF:AC,FFT,FF:Song Books(which vocals sing in japanese,i doubt any1 know this 1?:p )

i m still missing the
    Potion and Black mages OST series(well,i m not tat rich to get all of them,especially they r basically a collcetion of music from the whole FF series,which i nearly got them all) and
    i left out FFTA(cause' i dont really like it,it ruined my most favourite ASLG-->FFT),
    i 'll get FFXII OST after i finish the game;) (maybe i wont,depends on how i like the music after nobuo is gone)

i love all musics made by nobuo (sadly he left SE).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,435 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

File sharing is illegal and against the charter. Don't mention it again or I'll be forced to ban you for a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

For me it would have to be either Liberi Fatal or the orcheastral version of One Winged Angel.

Advertisement