Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was the Composer of Lux Aeterna

Options
  • 14-04-2005 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I'm not a very big fan of classcal music (more into metal myself) but I do enjoy it, U was wondering who composed the piece Lux Aeterna. I think it was pendericki (if thats how I spell his name) and if it was, can I buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I have only ever heard Clint Mansell's version on the "Requiem for a Dream" soundtrack, but I see a chap named Morten Lauridsen credited with it many times. Perhaps try him?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

claude debussy

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i'm pretty sure that "lux aeternam" is just part of catholic masses, so an awful lot of pieces are going to be called lux aeterna, especially in things like requiems and grand masses and so on. so, that doesn't really narrow it down for you. could you try and describe it maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

male and female vocal dominated, very haunting, creepy, freaky track, one part kinda sounds like The Omen chants, fades in apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 one eye

Ligeti's is the most popular 'Lux Aeterna' as it featured on the soundtrack of Kubrick's 2001

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

i'm pretty sure that "lux aeternam" is just part of catholic masses, so an awful lot of pieces are going to be called lux aeterna, especially in things like requiems and grand masses and so on. so, that doesn't really narrow it down for you. could you try and describe it maybe?

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtzgKi6qkk

Penderecki: "Polish Requiem" - 12 - (Lux aeterna)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement