Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Repair Shops Or Anyone

• 14-04-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone... just a q, anybody knows of a computer/laptop repair shop in city centre? i know of the computer clinic just off aungier street in dublin 2, but they are kind of expensive...

Or if anyone could put me on the right track:

I have a sony vaio pcg-sr21k whose touchpad doesnt work. no moving around no clicking.
    in Device manager, there is a HID compliant mouse present and it says the device is working properly. i tried to go into bios to see whether it was off or not, but there wasnt any options. In the sony jog dial menu, touchpad is on.

anyway, looking inside, i saw the cable that runs from the touchpad to the mobo is kinda beat up with a piece of blue tape at one end. i figured thats whats wrong unless somebody can tell me if it isnt?

i ordered the cable from some place in the US and currently waiting for it... and was wondering about my options in the meantime.

Also, speakers dont work. i dont know where they are located, so i cant really check, all ok in device manager, and external speakers work fine. Any ideas?

Cheers for answering,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Marx Computers in Fairview www.marxcomputers.com will almost certainly sort you out for a nominal charge. They really know their sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Computer works in Druncondra are very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

Firstly define the problem clearly into its components:

Software side is reporting okay from the OS
    Hardware side - have u dropped it recently etc.

Software side - i think u just disabled the touch pad using the command keys by accident! If you did pm me and i will give u a ring on getting it back or consult your manual.

If you have thought of this - there is no intent to sound 'above you' - some probs are just perceptional issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Computers unlimited in Phibsboro do it. Never used them myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Hey can you tell me where you ordered the new cable from. I have a Sony Vaio with a broken touchpad aswell and I've been looking everywhere for a new cable. I know what's wrong with my one though, I damaged it when I opened my laptop. If you find a good place to get it fixed let me know. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

hi, well i was browsing through ebay.com and found a guy. Very helpful, he has a shop in the US that ship to ireland for $25.

i ordered my cable last week, so hopefully it will be in this week.

www.nexttronics.com

good luck to you. i hope its my cable thats broken and nothing else. touchpad is recognised by windows but no moving or clicking makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Thanks, they don't seem to have parts for my model PCG-8Q8M but I'll email them anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

Hi again -

Not to ballsup d thread:

Ur reply about the touchpad suggests u havent got the gist of what i was saying. There is a keyboard command (Hotkey) to disable the touchpad and reenable it. Its different across laptop makes. What is ur make.

It could be as simple as this.

pcwares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

i haven't the faintest idea of the command key. i browsed through the manual and even went into bios.

there was a vaio setting somewhere i checked which said touchpad enabled.

sony vaio pcg-sr21k

id be grateful if you could help me out on that one.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

anyone try any of the repairs place listed above?
    just got an inspiron 4000 with a broken screen hinge. cos its out of warranty dell have quoted over 200 euro just to replace the wee hinge, which is insane!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

The Corpo....try www.marxcomputers.ie, they are in Dublin. And will check it out before letting u know the cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

cheers odie, will mail them now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement