Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal and Chelsea - the final 6 games

• 14-04-2005 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Can Arsenal win the Premiership? Not likely, but beating Chelsea in the next game will make for an intersting enough run in.

6 games to go

Arsenal play:
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    West Brom
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Birmingham

Chelsea play:
    Arsenal
    Fulham
    Bolton
    Charlton
    Man Utd
    Newcastle

So let's say Arsenal beat Chelsea (possible enough), and either Fulham, Bolton or Charlton get an upset (either a draw or a win). That puts Chelsea in a nervous enough situation for the last two big games. I think if Arsenal beat Chelsea they will win all the rest of their games, they will have the bit between their teeth.

Robbie the optimist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I actually have a feeling that Arsenal are going to beat Chelsea. I dont know why. Particularly seeing as Chelsea have 8 consecutive days off before the game. I think it will finish closer than it has been all season, but still Chelsea would really need to mess it up from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Assuming Utd and Arse ebat chelsea they have to drop 5 points vs
    Fulham No chance
    Bolton Maybe if Uefa spot in danger Bolton will raise their game
    Charlton No chance
    Newcastle Some chance

So Arse have to win every game and hope Bolton and News and Utd beat Chelsea.

What are the odds of Arse winning league, be a decent 5 quid bet.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I just don't see it happening tbh :/
    Assuming Utd and ARsenal beat Chelsea, both of whom's form isn't really at its best, and neither have so far this season(I think), it would take a miracle.
    The only reason Chelsea dropped points is because there is no pressure anymore, when there is pressure, they seem to preform amazingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

It'd be good to see the last game as the decider. But Chelsea have Necastle for their last game,so i'd go for Arse if it comes to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

despite being a man utd fan, i would like to see some team chalenge chelsea and make them sweat if only a tiny bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    So Arse have to win every game and hope Bolton and News and Utd beat Chelsea.
    That is certainly possible. Bolton went through a bad spell losing 4 home games in a row (the time they went 10 games without a win) but other than that they haven't lost any more at the Reebok. They always seem to raise their game against the bigger teams. They beat Arsenal at home, drew at Stamford Bridge, drew at Highbury, drew at home to Man U, won at home to liverpool, won at home to Newcastle, did the double over Spurs.

Newcastle have always gave Chelsea a tough time in James' Park and they could certainly beat them. I actually think there's more chance of Bolton or Newcastle beating them than Arsenal, basically because Chelsea have a fantastic home record.

Advertisement