Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs for Grad mass?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 damo dempsey

my grad mass is coming up soon, so this thread is very useful. my preferred suggestions so far are:vitamin c- graduation song and greenday- time of your life.
    suggestions from my school include:michelle mc manus- all this time, al green- lean on me and the circle of life from the lion king (personally i really don't like the last suggestion!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I'd pick Jaded (these years) by Mest sung by that guy from Good Charlotte.

The chorus is.....

I'm jaded, stupid, & reckless
    Not sorry, when I'll never regret these years
    Spent so faded & reckless
    Not sorry, & I'll never regret these years
    I'll never regret these years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

When are ye having yere grad masses? Ours is like in two weeks, which is pointless! We should have a graduation mass after we graduate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I'm trying to convince the others to have "I've Got your back" by Mic Christopher, but very few people know it. Other suggestions are "Hakkuna Matata" from the Lion King and "May the Road Rise to Meet You". This whole grad song thing is driving us mad, we all have such different tastes and opinions...

I actually havn't heard anything about a grad mass song in our school? Are these songs played during the mass? I dont think our church would allow it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

its the last song played in the mass, when its over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

they only play the song after the mass, theres some sort of canon law forbidding nonreligious songs being played during the sermon, methinks.

Are your grad masses in church or in your gyms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

ours is in our gym so does it matter what songs you play there during the mass since it's not in a church?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I suggest five for fighting 100 years if ya haven't heard this song GET IT NOW its legendary. Another good one not many have heard of is Gray sky Morning by david gray not really good for graduation but still a great song

U2 walk on is also a good one as long as its the full version the radio edit is nowhere near as good has to be the album version

No id like something different from the norm, something like Rammstein - Du Hast :P.
    On a more serious note, U2 - City of Blinding Lights wouldnt be a bad song for a grad mass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Ours is on in the gym. I'm really keen on something different too, id love HeyDay. The song has to be picked carefully so that the choir will be able to sing it. But i think HeyDay is an excellent choice becuase there is loads of people who play guitars at school and they are brill. I've got your back wouldnt be a bad choice either, just listened to it to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

"Heroes"- Bowie
    A design for Life-Manics
    Disco 2000-Pulp
    Blackbird-Beatles
    Hey Jude-Beatles
    All You Need is love-Beatles
    Stairway to heaven- led zeppelin
    hotel california_eagles
    We don't know what we're doing yet either, when's everydody finishing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

this is a very touchy subject in our school!
    we're havin a vote next week by secret ballot during RE. some of the songs in the runnin include girls aloud stand by you [not even th original song tut tut tut] avril levigne complicated or skater boy cant remember [this is the joke one that the lads put in and so far most popular] o yeah and the i will walk 500miles lol...the others are greenday, vit c and all the other ol' reliables!!! I personally would like U2 or something a little out of the ordinary but i hav a weird feelin that its just gonna be embarrasing with no one singin and generally awkward!!! The whole mass is gonna be such a puke fest!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Dont stop me now-Queen....if only we could actually sing......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

We're going for The Smashing Pumpkins cover of Fleetwood Mac's Landslide:

Time makes you bolder,
    even children get older,
    and i'm getting older too
    Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
    Can the child within my heart rise above?
    Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
    Can I, handle the seasons of my life?

etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Scraggs wrote:
    but i hav a weird feelin that its just gonna be embarrasing with no one singin and generally awkward!!! The whole mass is gonna be such a puke fest!!!

Dont laugh at id walk 500 miles brill song!!Poor ye though having to sing at yer own graduation, we have a special choir that sing during it!!And we have some brilliant instrument players. So hopefully ours wont be bad.
    Definitly agree with wanting something different, some songs are just being overused.And itd be kinda cool to have a totally different song!

I think most of the songs from Mic Christophers album would be suitable.
    What do ye think about This Could Be My Moment a la The Verve. Class song, but i dont think youd be able to play it and not makes a dogs dinner of it. A really talented person would be needed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

we hijacked the PA system and played scatman....

ahh thoses were the days

we hijacked the PA system and played scatman....

ahh thoses were the days
    We hijacked our school stage during arts week and played "illing in the name" the crowd went wild, somebody went up crowdsurfing....in our school hall, landed on the music teacher.....who wasn't very happy.........vice principal........."cheap notoriety" and "encouraging rowdy behaviour" was what he said..........1 day suspension..... less than a year later found ourselves on the same stage............getting a rock music" award
    now THOSE were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sugerbabev

when i had my grads mass a few years back we had a hynm eagles wings which was beautiful, we also had the river gareth brooks dont ask why but it sounded really good... someone wanted puff daddy missing you!!! Good luck searching anyhow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

oh Stairway to heaven would be so class! But cant imagine our shool havin the talent to sing it never mind the guitar rifts!

I think metallica nothing else matters would be really nice.

We,re having such a big fight in my school over it aswell. Theres aload who want time of your life and graduation which are all so cheesy and then more who want cannonball, but do ye not think cannonball is a bit unsuitable:
    "still a little bit of your face that i havent kissed"
    i mean i like my friends but i think thats taking it a bit to far!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 punky bruster

Oh theres some songs that people suggested that i havent heard but that sound really nice,ie: Jaded by Mest
    Smashing Pumpkins version of fleetwood macs landslide
    Anybody know where i could get these to hear?

sorry i forgot,
    Meatloaf- Bat Out Of Hell
    Hot Summers Night
    Two Outa three aint bad
    I would do anything for love
    Rock n Roll dreams come through
    (album versions only, not petty radio edits,pah!)
    Basically anything by the big man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Paddy Casey - Sweet Suburban Sky. That would go well I imagine.

CKY - Close Yet Far (CKY yes, but download the song and be astounded)

RHCP - My friends (The acoustic one. I dunno, might work)

All American Rejects - Swing Swing (Hahaha, you'll either love it or hate it)

OOH OOH! Kansas - Dust In The Wind?

3 Doors Down - Be Like That

Extreme - More Than Words (Hehehe)

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World

Redemption Song has to be a good one too.

There's a few ones. I was going for the sad-anthemic type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The theme from Happy Days!
    Auf Wiedersehen Goodbye one from Sound of Music
    The Barney "I Love you" one.

No better selection really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Funkstard wrote:
    All American Rejects - Swing Swing (Hahaha, you'll either love it or hate it)

love love love it!!! have never heard it here in ireland but when i lived in US it was played to death!!!! now all i have to do is persuade the other 120 students to vote for it hmmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What about Blink 182 - I Miss You?

Surely that's a good tearjerker?

Whilst we're on that word, how about RHCP - Tearjerker?

Actually that wouldn't really suit...

Also, i think anything by U2 would be good for a grad mass! Maybe "With or without you" or some thing.

ours will be a U2, Frames and moaning singer-songwriter free-zone.................thank christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

what about time of my life?? from dirty dancing!! or p.diddy ill be missing you??

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Graduation Song by Vitamin C is so cheesy i think. it's been done a million times. Lets finally lay it to rest!
    Good call

Advertisement