Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Children Latest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

To be honest they'd really have to mess up badly to make this a flop. They've got a pretty large fanbase who'll devour anything they release, they've learnt a lesson or ten from The Spirits Within, and it's set in about the most rich and interesting world that's ever been created for a computer game. CGI looks stunning. Music is going to be amazing.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is that it's not going to be released in cinemas. The fight scenes would look great on the big screen. Ah well, guess I'll just have to rent out the biggest Widescreen Surround Sound set I can... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i'm kind of worried about this. I think they will probably dumb the story down loads and make it all action. It's a bit of a shame that they made a sequel. I thought theending was good enough and the game should have been left as it was (as originally intended).

Well I prefer this to a game-based sequel for some strange reason.

I think if you find the movie a disappointment (especially the storyline), you can just dismiss it. But if it were released as a game and proved a disappointment, it would go along way to diminish the original game. I think in this way it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Trailer looks amazing. Can't wait for it to be released. Never played a FF game in all my years of gaming :o

Ack! It's because of your type that us fanboys are gonna have to sit through a half hour of background story before getting in the main story! :p

Ah no, but seriously, if you want to really enjoy the movie I'd suggest playing through the game. You should just about have enough time! I'm playing through it again just for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Been tracking this for a loooong time, if it hits my expectation then it'll be one hell of a rush.

Theres a couple of trailers that pretty much ruin almost every facet of the storyline including the
    one with the man himself, gimme an 'S', gimme and 'EPHIROTH', waddya got... probably one of the best enemies of all time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

AlcoholicA wrote:

i checked it out but only for the bit where they typed the name of their favourite character with their elbows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Is it just me or is this like the slowest film to be released? :p

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Is it just me or is this like the slowest film to be released? :p
    The simple answer is yes... its been pushed back from last summer to last October, to Christmas, to February, to April and so on... last i heard, late this summer. Ive actually stopped waiting on it... it'll happen when it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i checked it out but only for the bit where they typed the name of their favourite character with their elbows :)

vincdent, hmm pretty close

• Advertisement

vincent
    cl;oud
    bnarett
    yuffie
    aerith
    refd XCII (shift key is a b**ch)
    sep[hirothn
    caiot sithj
    cid
    tifa\

...oh man, so close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've seen the trailers for this movie and I can honestly say they KICK ASS! :cool: Unless they do a real half assed effort on this there is no way this film will suck and from what I've seen it looks like this will be a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

I'm not really sure if I could accept Cloud that well animated. Give me the blocky fists anyday. ;)

Anyone remember the old add for the FFVII game? The "They said there could never be Final Fantasy VII the movie, they were right!" Shooting themselves it the foot there. Actually anyone know where I could find a clip of that add. It's been years since I seen it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

aye i cant wait for this. i dont think itd be possible to destroy such a great storyline.

*waits eagerly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Engel

I heard the movie is going to be releasted next summer. I hope they don't F**k up the movie and dumb it down. Yeah I agree wit Q_elexra, I really love old computer graphics, I loved his little square hands :) And you could never tell if he was holding anything... or was that just me? I can't wait for the movie, and I havn't seen any trailers cuz they won't load... f**k it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

September is the date that's set at the moment...
    http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?t=36790
    Worth a read if you haven't already. Square's page also is displaying the date yadda yadda so they seem pretty sure of themselves. When I've paid for the DVD I'll be happy. :p No doubt it'll arrive lacking English subtitles or something silly but hell at least I'll have it. *makes note to start learning Japanese after degree is finished*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

halenger wrote:
    *makes note to start learning Japanese after degree is finished*
    I've already started (courtisy of co-workers), one of the upsides of being banished from college to the working world (good income being another!). :D
    Still I think I'll believe any given release dates when it's finally released, there've been so many release dates given for this film that it must have earned a world record by now.

True... From what I know there there's some worse "release dates" things... Duke Nukem's next game? :p And Doom the film - that's been due for over 10 years I think.

Anyway yeah when it appears on Amazon I'll be slightly happier. Then again it may be an import job but howandever, once it's somewhere that I can pre-order. :)

nice link!

Release Date: 9/13/2005!! apparently.

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote:
    nice link!

Release Date: 9/13/2005!! apparently.

Notice the platform though. :confused: Could be a bit longer for DVD.

Dreadfully slow download. I'm downloading the large version .mov and it's just ambling by at around strolling pace. *sighs* Looking forward to seeing it though (the trailer).

That trailer was amazing! liked the metal remix of sephies theme too haha.... it's really got me wanting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Rhyme wrote:
    Holy shít I think I just came! :eek:

Two of the best words I've read (consecutively) all day... "Simultaneous Release".

Oh and let me add to the Oh My Good God... That looks fantastic, even better than before. And subtitles. Yahooo! There be English subtitles.

halenger wrote:
    Notice the platform though. :confused: Could be a bit longer for DVD.
    I think they put in the PSP section because that site doesnt have a DVD section (it being a game site) so they just lumped it with what seemed suitable. Watched it in Hi-Res last night... HAPPIER!!

Rhyme wrote:
    I think they put in the PSP section because that site doesnt have a DVD section (it being a game site) so they just lumped it with what seemed suitable. Watched it in Hi-Res last night... HAPPIER!!

Hopefully...but it's not the first time I heard it'd be PSP first. *crosses fingers*

I heard mentioned ages ago that they'll be out at the same time but the PSP version will have extra extra's... doesnt seem worth buying a PSP for a blooper reel and some dodgy bio's that FF fans already know off by heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Just a heads-up that the official site (http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/) has been updated, there're even some sweet desktop backgrounds for downloading and 2 different trailers.

The updated site is pretty cool, finally clears up the characters and so on. Tease of a countdown timer too, :p

• Advertisement

Yeh the new site looks nice even if it does take ages to load the page... ive been looking at the japanese site and getting rough translations of the stuff there to work from... tough.

Those desktops are nice though... methinks ill stick with my HL2 graffiti one for now.

Advertisement