Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Alloys ....Question !!!!!!

Options
  • 14-04-2005 7:18pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will ALY69759U10 2001-2002 Volkswagen Golf ALLOY WHEEL
    Diameter 15, Width 6 (5 DOUBLE SPOKE), 38mm offset fit on my 2001 Passat . The book recommends ALY69721U101998-2001 Volkswagen Passat ALLOY WHEEL Diameter 15, Width 6 (5 DOUBLE SPOKE), 45mm offset,.
    What is the Offset on the wheel ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You mean the definiton of "offset"? Its a bit like describing the offside rule!

The offset is the distance from the imaginary centre line that runs through the profile of a wheel and the the point where the wheel bolts on to the hub.

A zero offset means the the face of the wheel is exactly at the centre of the wheels profile. A large offset like 45mm means the face is 4.5 cm from the
    centreline the offset can be negative or positive. (a large negative offset means the wheels have a "wide" stance and prolly sit proud of the wheel arch)

offset.gif

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

:confused: Thanks Mike ..

Now , Do you think they will fit ??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Almost certainly, same year(s) same make. As a rule car companies dont muck about with wheel fittings much so I'd say yes with the proviso that if they dont fit its not my fault.

Mike.

Advertisement