Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games most like Final Fantasy...

Options
  • 14-04-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Which RPG's have you played that feel very similar to Final Fantasy?

I found Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends to be very similar to the more recent FF's, especially SoAL, it's the closest any game has come to capturing the same kind of feeling that I had playing through FFVII for the first time. Great game.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grandia series
    Suikoden series
    Xenogears
    Chrono Trigger
    Legend of Dragoon (bleh!)
    Star ocean series
    Tales of series
    Panzer Dragoon Azel

There are lots more and i've probably played most of the english translated ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Phantasy star used to be the closest rivals to the FF series imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Skies is pretty good, but its a little too happy happy to compare with the FF series. Chrono Trigger would be the closest by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

xenogears was friggin amazing, why oh why wasnt it released over here!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I managed to get a copy of it. First disk was great but they did a lousy job on the second. Least they didn't feck up the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Well, they ran out of money so the second disc was rushed.
    I have two copies, one is still sealed :)
    Also, i'd recommend Chrono Cross if you can get your hands on it, fantastic game,easily my favourite non ff square game. Shadow Hearts is still one of the best rpgs on the ps2, so you should try that, it's very god fun. Wild ARMs 3 is also decent, and it has some great ideas in it.
    If you're into FFTA, try get your hands on the orignal Tactics <3 or failing that, try Disgaea, La Pucelle Tactics or Phantom Brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Arse, I had Chrono Cross but I gave it away without playing it. Is it really that good? I loved the Secret of mana series, classic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It ain't bad but it's far from the best game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Chrono Cross was a great game... but my retro loving brain prefers Trigger hands down...
    Loved the frog alternate ending :D

Advertisement