Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTS at DCU or Here??????

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Yes, learning for learnings sake means reading a book or something.... I chose arts to get a job out of it, and a good one at that. Look at the stats, you'll find more arts graduates employed than others. Yes most of them may be in tesco's but wtf :D The moral of the pretentious rant: study hard and get a good honour - or learn how to make a good cappucino. Alternatively, why not be self-employed? instead of working to make money for some looser. Appoint yourself CEO or your own imaginary company. And let me know if you're hiring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

SebtheBum wrote:
    It's naive in that it assumes that one needs to go to university to "learn for the sake of learning". IMO, this has become uneccessary. The subjects I'm truly knowledgeable on, and can honestly say I have learned purely for interest's sake and not for "educational" (i.e. career) purposes, are the ones I have studied or been active in outside of college. :cool:

Well obviously you can learn things in places other thet university :rolleyes:

Sorry.
    I too am in a pissy mood due to exams.

Personally I learn better after a bit of nod in the direction. And I think university can be a good environment to learn in if you're interested in your subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Am I the only one who came here to meet Rosanna Davidson? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

meet? try 'have sex with' and im there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Blut wrote:
    meet? try 'have sex with' and im there

Good luck with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

LOL most of d people online are ugly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb