Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

And the song remains the same... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Your an insult to Dublin 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

TimAy wrote:
    Your an insult to Dublin 14
    Jesus christ some people need to take a chill pill!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

:D so true.

"When you wear abercrombie, you too can look this false"

i think it's a winning slogan, no?

What the f*** is wrong with abercrombie?I'm from Limerick and I wear it all the time - it's cheaper and better quality than the sh*te they push on you over here in jack and jones and RI.I've been wearing it for years, and to be honest have become dismayed by its' explosion up here in the last few years - it's nearly like a 'Badge of Poshness' to have it now, but i'll still wear it, cos it's cheap, and i'm cheap

Rant over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Ah, leave them alone!!! if theyre happy the way they are then who are we to complain!!! some of my best friends are D4s an theyre really nice ppl!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

About the whole Annabels trial thing, the whole case was so exploded by the media that it was unbelievably hard for them to get a fair trial either way. Whatever the outcome there would have been a huge amount of people calling the trial unfair.

Also, the gardaí knew well they weren't the instigators of the whole fight, I mean most of the 'confessions' were by people who were so hammered they don't have a clue what happened, and went along with the crowd and either said random names (of people who might or mightn't have been involved) or said some instigating drivel.

Now with a few of them they knew they were guilty of something and went to the gards the next morning, but what about the guy who was there for it all and left for Australia a few days after it happened and hasn't been back to Ireland since?

There's no way you can just disregard the trial because they got off leniently, the fact is that the 4 who were up for trial were part of a much larger group of people who were involved, and they didn't deserve to be banged up for life simply because there's no way it can be proved that they dealt the fatal blows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i've an abercrombie hoody! and i'm not a D4 head. I'm from Drumcondra, D9, Dahling.

Oh, and the person who allegedly used to beat up 'D4 heads' based on a completely stereotypical judgement perceivement based on appearance is reallyquite a large hypocrite, who has further backed up my ignorant (yet joking, I don't go around smacking people, far too timid for that) judgement of....'your' kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Ehh, when did I say that I used to beat up d4 heads based completely on appearance?

First of all, my original point was that the term 'D4' head is inappropriate. Im from feckin D4 to start with and there are very few actual snobs (or anyone resembling a snob) living in D4 believe it or not!
    Walk around ringsend, irishtown, beechill, even sandymount to see what I mean.

Secondly, we used to beat up snobby ****ers for fun because it was so easy to get into a fight with these types.
    When I say 'these types', I mean, the type that will consider anyone wearing a tracksuit and talking with even the faintest dublin accent, a scumbag (and this will usually only happen when they're drunk and they have some balls). All we had to do to get into a fight with these idiots was walk by em on a saturday night in donnybrook or wherever and the big man of the group would mouth somthing. We rarely instigated any of these fights (but Im not going to lie, it has happened).

I can remember one particular group who started the whole thing by saying somthing along the lines of "at least we all have the money to go to college"!
    Hahahahaha, that made me laugh!
    Considering that of the 4 of us that were there that night, I was the only one not in college (cos I was working for bank of ireland at the time). 2 were in UCD (philosophy + chemistry), the other in DIT (cant remember what he does).

If anyone is guilty of stereotyping, its the idiots who made such comments and the likes of those who still do every day (although the group mentioned above would probably piss themselves with fear rather than mouth like that again).

Oh come on and lighten up. I don't know whether to shít or go blind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Funkstard wrote:
    Oh come on and lighten up. I don't know whether to shít or go blind

then maybe you should be the one to lighten up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

AB03 wrote:
    When I say 'these types', I mean, the type that will consider anyone wearing a tracksuit and talking with even the faintest dublin accent, a scumbag (and this will usually only happen when they're drunk and they have some balls). All we had to do to get into a fight with these idiots was walk by em on a saturday night in donnybrook or wherever and the big man of the group would mouth somthing. We rarely instigated any of these fights (but Im not going to lie, it has happened).

You're a bully and a wannabe thug. Going around beating up people who you think are posh or whatever. I bet if they were big ****ers or hard men like me you would be doing **** all, you little bitch.

Also, you've probably got an inferiority complex.

Kernel wrote:
    You're a bully and a wannabe thug. Going around beating up people who you think are posh or whatever. I bet if they were big ****ers or hard men like me you would be doing **** all, you little bitch.

Also, you've probably got an inferiority complex.

Hahaha, a hard man like yourself eh.

AB03 wrote:
    Hahaha, a hard man like yourself eh.

Hell yeah. I'd chew you ringsend faggots up for a warm-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I think you pair should both STFU or the thread will end up in the Thunderdome

RuggieBear wrote:
    I think you pair should both STFU or the thread will end up in the Thunderdome

Who the hell are you anyway? Keep your advice to yourself, carebear!

Ahh this could go on for ages but thats not going to solve anything. I'll leave it at this. Think what u want mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

This is like "Which do you prefer, Blur or Oasis" from Fr Ted.

Except subsitute 'Chavs' for 'Blur' and 'Rugger Buggers' for 'Oasis'.

Chavs drop litter everywhere, let their boxers sh1t all over the place and roam in gangs looking for something to take offence at.

RBs descend en masse on match days braying loudly outside Slattery's and parking their BMWs badly.

Which is worse? I'm not particularly enamoured of either.

magpie wrote:
    This is like "Which do you prefer, Blur or Oasis" from Fr Ted.

Except subsitute 'Chavs' for 'Blur' and 'Rugger Buggers' for 'Oasis'.

Chavs drop litter everywhere, let their boxers sh1t all over the place and roam in gangs looking for something to take offence at.

RBs descend en masse on match days braying loudly outside Slattery's and parking their BMWs badly.

Which is worse? I'm not particularly enamoured of either.

Me neither, but I do take offence at lads picking on those weaker than themselves because they have an inferiority complex or whatever.

Oh, and Oasis are much better ffs! :D;)

I do take offence at lads picking on those weaker than themselves

Yep, that annoys me as well. In fact any 'hard man' rubbish annoys me, whoever the instigator.

• Advertisement

magpie wrote:
    Yep, that annoys me as well. In fact any 'hard man' rubbish annoys me, whoever the instigator.

But I am like Kain from Kung Fu, or He-Man, I only use my tough hardness to help make the world a better place, by defending the weak, and defending justice and freedom.

But I am like Kain from Kung Fu, or He-Man, I only use my tough hardness to help make the world a better place, by defending the weak, and defending justice and freedom.

can you use your toughness to make people pick up litter and stop their dogs from sh1tting everywhere?

It'd also be great if you could somehow limit the maximum volume of bad trance music emanating from houses / 'pimped' Peugeot 206s.

Actually, that's one thing that the RBs have in their favour, they don't deafen you with their terrible taste in music then call you a 'snobby c unt' when you ask them politely to turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

How does everyone think that all privately educated southsiders are snobs? I went to a private school for 7 years of my education, yet I don't feel superior to somebody who went to a public school and has a different taste in clothes to me. Dublin is the worst place for this kind of segregation. I go to a public school in England now which is a mix of every kind of person imaginable and there are no problems like this. Everyone isn't discrimminated against by their material assets, their family's annual income or where they live. Why is it that Dublin has developed this class divide?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Public school in England is private and costs about £20,000 a year.
    No wonder you haven't come across any segregation, everyone you hang out with is rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

All i can say about D4 heads is:DUBES AND TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE A GOOD LOOK!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Has this whole "Oh my gawd roysh" Ross O'Carroll Kelly, "I hate D4" crap not got old yet?

I for one am sick to death of hearing this crap all the time, and while i enjoyed the RO'CK books, i now wish the author would contract rabies and die a slow and painfull death.

I also hate the whole "fashion" arguments constantly thrashed around such as Ambercrombie and finche (or what ever the fùck its called) and "tracker chavs" etc.

Shut up and put up ffs, if you don't like one or the other or both, who gives a toss??
    I don't, so stop telling me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Oh My God I didn't write that! My friend came on to my acount the little byotch lol! Im really sorry that makes me look like such a snob and a bimbo!
    ThanksTheMurrinator

Yah roysh your friend, you truly are an insult to dublin 14.

Hmm, the thing I want to know is if this user is a boy or a girl...

Because if its a

Boy --- Well....you know...Funkyzeit mit Bruno..you get what I mean...metro...

Girl -- Its just the first of the new hybrids.Dundrum will kill us all!!!!!!!!

...end transmition.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

rich D4s probably dont pay there taxes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

why you think they are so rich?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

why you think they are so rich?

But they are. They act rich

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement