Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Sangre wrote:
    Public school in England is private and costs about £20,000 a year.
    No wonder you haven't come across any segregation, everyone you hang out with is rich.

Well not public school then. I don't know what it's called here. It's a non fee paying school anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

AB03 wrote:
    Pff, I dont really care what anyone thinks when it comes to this. I actually havent been out scrapping any of those fools in a few years but I used to quite regularly. And to be totally honest, I think they deserve a few digs here and there and most of the time they instigated it. They sail thru life holding daddys hand, makes me ****in sick and the girls are worse. Little sluts going around acting loike americans. Grow the **** up, your a dub, act like it. All the girls are good for is ****ing.

Dont get me wrong tho, I hang around with 1 or 2 people whos parents are millionaires and they're the most down to earth, sound, generous (sp?), decent people, some of my best mates. Its just the snobs I dont like, who have money, know it, and look down their nose at quite a large proportion of the city, calling everyone who doesnt drive a 05 golf that daddys pays for, a knacker or a scumbag. They do my ****in nut in, little **** imo.

Before I say anything, I would like to point out that I am not from D4 but from Templeogue. I think that you're not representing the people from the northside very well. I think that people who go around announcing that they beat up anyone are scumbags. And what the hell is with your language, you can express your views without the fowl language.

You need to look at yourself before you start shouting D4's down as they are not so bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I live in Ballsbrdige and it would seem that the only people that have a snobby streak are the ones that are actually less well off and are trying their best to keep up with the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I agree. The ones who wear the stereotypical O'Neills, Dubes and Louis Vuitton bags and flash labels whatever they wear are trying too hard to get noticed. My boyfriend heard two of these girls honestly say "I don't think people from private schools should hang out with people from public schools". They just need to feel superior. I think it's just low self esteem. I had friends in my old school but the people I'd hang out with were all from public schools apart from one other guy in our group who also went to a fee paying school. We had no problems. It's just all about the attitude really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Its all about affluence baby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

dregin wrote:
    I live in Ballsbrdige and it would seem that the only people that have a snobby streak are the ones that are actually less well off and are trying their best to keep up with the neighbours.
    yeah thats how it goes, typical lower middle class lack of self esteem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

"Belvo are ****ing northside scum

I'd put them more in the wannabe southside scum category..."

Lay off Belvo! Belvedere is a great school and it does alot for our society. Every year belvo guys go to fuking calcutta for three weeks working in orphanages and hospitals, they go to lourdes, taizé, santiago, loads of places just to lend a helping hand. to say that they are northside scum is rubbish! in fact belvedere have theyre own st. vincent de paul society, every wednesday, they give soup to the homless, they collect money every single week to buy hampers for the poor people in the area. they do visitations to old people in the area and talk to them. DONT YOU DARE CALL THEM SCUM! Belvedere is a ****ing brilliant school and they deserve alot of praise. not abusive criticism! Well done belvo! keep up the great work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Fair points. But haven't you ever heard the expression let a sleeping dog lay? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

****in Hate D4's.... Honestly.....they wreck me head.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Darcy16 wrote:
    knacks wreck my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Where's the love?
    Nothing wrong with being a "D4 head" fock sake!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

usual chip on the prole's shoulder thread...:rolleyes:

Its strange how when all the abercrombie wearing people emerged, they were all labeled 'D4 Heads'. I live in Ballsbridge which is aperently the centre of this whole thing. there are hardly any d4 heads. its just because Dublin 4 is the like one of the richest places in dublin, that they call them this. most D4 heads live in foxrock, blackrock, malahide, glenageary, dalkey, clontarf etc... so when you all talk about d4 heads, don't refer to the southside or Dublin 4 itself.

just because some parts of the southside are richer than the northside doesn't mean we shud be slagged every ****ing second. we never say anything about the skobies of dublin. yet people take every opportunity to slag off ****ing D4.

so leave it out. its all jealousy. if i gave one of you five million euro, (whcih im obviously not going to do), would you ****ing stay in farview or raheny or wherever. clearly you wouldn't cos you'd be robbed every ****ing second. you'd move here, to dublin 4, not where all the d4 heads live, but where you can walk down the street without being mugged by drug addicts.

the only reson you slag d4 is because you are soo ****ing pissed off that you werent born into a d4 family. you know im right!;)

LadyLotts wrote:
    I agree. The ones who wear the stereotypical O'Neills, Dubes and Louis Vuitton bags and flash labels...

d4 heads don't wear louis vuitton or o neills, those fashion items have both been stolen by the skobies, so they have gucci bags and canterbury bottoms.

its the same in england, posh people strated to waer fed perry, then bam the knackers started trying to copy it and it just bacame ugly. knackers always copy rich peopls styles. only thing that is safe for D4 heads are the dubes. they'll never be stolen from them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Darcy16 wrote:
    Why would they "wreck your head"?Where in life do you even interact with "d4s"?
    They're school children ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Movershaker

jaycummins wrote:
    would you ****ing stay in farview or raheny or wherever. clearly you wouldn't cos you'd be robbed every ****ing second.

Yes I would. You obviously know shag all about the northside because Raheny in particular is an extremely nice place to live (I don't live there but I have family there).

I can't believe I'm even posting to this thread but I've been exposed to quite a lot of affluent southside snobbery lately and it's really starting to get on my wick. It just pisses me off no end the way they refer to the "Northside" as if the whole place is one giant **** hole, especially when I live in an area where some of the houses would be reaching well over a million at least. I don't give a crap about that but it just shows total ignorance on their part.

It also infuriates me the way some of them seem to think it's something to be proud of that they don't know their way around once they cross O'Connell bridge. Fu**ing idiots.

I'm glad I grew up in a nice area that happens to be near some less desirable ones. It means I went to a school where there were people from all backgrounds and we all learned how to get on with each other and learn about life, as opposed to being sheltered and only in contact with people who are from the same background as yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

jaycummins wrote:
    Its strange how when all the abercrombie wearing people emerged, they were all labeled 'D4 Heads'. I live in Ballsbridge which is aperently the centre of this whole thing. there are hardly any d4 heads. its just because Dublin 4 is the like one of the richest places in dublin, that they call them this. most D4 heads live in foxrock, blackrock, malahide, glenageary, dalkey, clontarf etc... so when you all talk about d4 heads, don't refer to the southside or Dublin 4 itself.

just because some parts of the southside are richer than the northside doesn't mean we shud be slagged every ****ing second. we never say anything about the skobies of dublin. yet people take every opportunity to slag off ****ing D4.

so leave it out. its all jealousy. if i gave one of you five million euro, (whcih im obviously not going to do), would you ****ing stay in farview or raheny or wherever. clearly you wouldn't cos you'd be robbed every ****ing second. you'd move here, to dublin 4, not where all the d4 heads live, but where you can walk down the street without being mugged by drug addicts.

the only reson you slag d4 is because you are soo ****ing pissed off that you werent born into a d4 family. you know im right!;)

Pot. Kettle............. :rolleyes:

That's the typical cockiness that exists with many d4 'heads'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

No but yeah but yeah but yeah no but yeah no but yeah... Who the hollyoaks omnibus are you lot?? No but yeah but yeah but yeah no but yeah no but yeah... ...but no because I'm not even going on the pill... ...because Nadine reckons they stop you from getting pregnant."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

Hey everyone!
    I hate the way people are always like on this site " I hate them d4s with the abercrombie jumpers and the dubes and d fake tan" and all that crap because they'res nothing rong with them?! i wear abercrombie, and dubes and i dont thikn ders nutin rong with them.

fake tan and wearing pointlessly expensive clothes is vanity. vanity is bad for one ones self psychologically and also it is a bad example for younger children.

one shouldnt spend that much money needlessly on ones appearance. just wear the clothes that you need. cheap and practical. and give the rest of your extra money you were willing to spend on stupid clothes to a charity, like cancer research or child abused children. whats wrong with pennys? cheap, good practical clothes.

stop being so self absorbed, and give back to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fointin.......I floooored it

• Advertisement

jaycummins wrote:
    most D4 heads live in foxrock, blackrock, malahide, glenageary, dalkey, clontarf etc... so when you all talk about d4 heads, don't refer to the southside or Dublin 4 itself.

clontarf and malahide are no were near as bad as foxrock or black rock. i wouldnt regard clontarf or malahide as 'posh' or 'knackery', just nice places to live. not too snobery, not to rufff. although the shootings in clontarf and the random armed gardaí stops to check cars is starting to get annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Hey everyone!
    I hate the way people are always like on this site " I hate them d4s with the abercrombie jumpers and the dubes and d fake tan" and all that crap because they'res nothing rong with them?! i wear abercrombie, and dubes and i dont thikn ders nutin rong with them but it can be funny listenin to there accents sumtimes i meaN Im frm d south soyd "roysh" but i dont speak like ross oc arol kelly or anytin lol! but the reason i put this in the humour section is because i want people to tel dunny storys of there " encounters" with d4s!! lol

My head hurts pass me that horse pill of paracetomol, Listen, i'm a beliver that no one would know/care about this little divide if the media wouldnt highlight this fact, the FM104 phone show is a major part to blame for this, every bloody time a caller rings in, dumb and dumber put them in sterotypical role, and riddiclue them about it, in another one of our maaaaany post about this a poster highlited that this divide was unheard of 20 years ago.

True.

-VB-

Dontico wrote:
    fake tan and wearing pointlessly expensive clothes is vanity. vanity is bad for one ones self psychologically and also it is a bad example for younger children.

one shouldnt spend that much money needlessly on ones appearance. just wear the clothes that you need. cheap and practical. and give the rest of your extra money you were willing to spend on stupid clothes to a charity, like cancer research or child abused children. whats wrong with pennys? cheap, good practical clothes.

stop being so self absorbed, and give back to society.
    Most people like nice things, they like having something to show after their hard work.
    They like to treat themselves after a hard days work, be it in any industry or job (some which will pay better than others). Why should we work to support charities? Do they not have employees of their own? Do they not have vast amounts of chuggers coming up and pestering us as we go about our business?
    I give money to charity whenever I have it spare, but I'm not going to stop treating myself and start forking over all my extra cash to charity. Don't be daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

AB03 wrote:
    Ehh, when did I say that I used to beat up d4 heads based completely on appearance?

I can remember one particular group who started the whole thing by saying somthing along the lines of "at least we all have the money to go to college"!
    Hahahahaha, that made me laugh!
    Considering that of the 4 of us that were there that night, I was the only one not in college (cos I was working for bank of ireland at the time). 2 were in UCD (philosophy + chemistry), the other in DIT (cant remember what he does).

Ok so you don't beat people up based entirely on appearances, but heaven forbid they say you don't have the money to go to college :rolleyes: , it gets me so mad when people say things like that to me. Its probably one of the funniest posts i've ever read. you really did just wander the streets looking for an excuse to get into a fight didn't you, classy classy guy! I'm from D24 by the way, "Tallaght scum" :)

Alot of the carry on of the arrogant D4-types (i know thats a minority really) does annoy the hell out of me. I worked in BT2 while I was in college and the rich spoilt brat types were extremely rude. I think its a desperate attempt to fit in for alot of them, you'll find equivalents wherever you go, north south east or west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

abercrombie2.jpg
    "We should so get some Dubes Loyk"

Seriously, the D4 virus is spreadin at a metabolic rate!

The actual STATE of them!

The guys are the worst! Baggy yellow pyjamas, or shorts over clearly waxed and fake-tanned legs

wtf!!?

And they always think they're above everyone else. I love lettin them know that they're actually not

DEATH TO PUBES!

abetarrush wrote:
    The guys are the worst! Baggy yellow pyjamas, or shorts over clearly waxed and fake-tanned legs

Checking out guys legs eh?
    abetarrush wrote:
    DEATH TO PUBES!

I think that comes down to personal preference really.
    abetarrush wrote:
    I love lettin them know that they're actually not

Oh I'd say you do. "yis are all a bunch of poshie fooks!!", I'm sure they care....honestly...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

i thought this thread was meant to be bit of a laugh. ye must really have f&*k all to do than waste your spare time putting people in codes by what they wear or what they drive (fair enough some rich people have a crap taste in clothes but thats their choice, its their money, same could b said for the othrside)

one thing i have grown to despise is how quickly people will pick up an opinion of you because of what you wear. now, i played sports all through my school years and because of that i nearly was always in the latest tracksuit bottoms, jerseys and a smart pair of addidas. going out i would wear **** and jeans etc make an effort.

anyway, i went to college in donegal. alot of students like my self came from other parts of the country. now some of them made an effort to dress up when going to college which is ok thats their choice cause ya never know who ya gonna meet (i call this wearing your sunday best). now as for me and my housemates, getting up for 9am classes can be a struggle so we would just chuck on our trackies and trainers and hoddie. i noticed over the years a few class mates in the pub would look at someone who maybe a bit rough and refer to trackies etc, that would rise my blood, but i would casually with a smile say "oh if thats your opinion, am i a scumbag as well?

anyway i alaways taught people should be allowed to wear the f*(k they like without being put into a category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

rb_ie wrote:
    blah blah blah
    D4 ehh???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

D4 heads for the win!!

If you compare the amount of threads with D4 heads complaing about complete scumbags and bitter little knackers complaining about D4 heads, the trend is clear...you see them spend more than you earn in a week on the gayest cloths possible and that pi.sses you off big time cause another seem just ripped in the arse of your pennys tracksuit.

If you don't like people who have money then go back to the dole office and complain to your mates in the que...we're busy out earning you a living.

;)

• Advertisement

Nick wrote:
    D4 heads for the win!!

If you compare the amount of threads with D4 heads complaing about complete scumbags and bitter little knackers complaining about D4 heads, the trend is clear...you see them spend more than you earn in a week on the gayest cloths possible and that pi.sses you off big time cause another seem just ripped in the arse of your pennys tracksuit.

If you don't like people who have money then go back to the dole office and complain to your mates in the que...we're busy out earning you a living.

;)

i'm from the northside. i'm middle class. i'm doing physics in college, so i wont be needing the dole office anytime soon. i shop in pennys, but never wear tracksuits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement