Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dontico wrote:
    i'm from the northside. i'm middle class. i'm doing physics in college, so i wont be needing the dole office anytime soon. i shop in pennys, but never wear tracksuits.
    He said knackers, not northsiders.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mylineinthesandwu2.jpg

Lets keep it clean from here,if not the ban hammer will come out so play nice.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

rb_ie wrote:
    He said knackers, not northsiders.

i took it as an offense against people who dislike the d4 area. also i dont think it is appropriate to make fun of people on the dole or people who chose to shop in cheap cloths shops.

as you may have guessed, i'm anti-snob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Famous_Séamus

Who cares? Let them look stupid.

Nowadays you're cateragized no matter what you wear.

Dontico wrote:
    i took it as an offense against people who dislike the d4 area. also i dont think it is appropriate to make fun of people on the dole or people who chose to shop in cheap cloths shops.

as you may have guessed, i'm anti-snob.
    People, except those who are physically unable to work or are looking after relatively young children, who are on the dole deserve as much abuse as one can give them. The lazy sponges.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    People, except those who are physically unable to work or are looking after relatively young children, who are on the dole deserve as much abuse as one can give them. The lazy sponges.

as there are "lazy sponges" who are on the dole. not all who dont fit the two exceptions you gave, are lazy. they may have personbal issues to work out.

Dontico wrote:
    as there are "lazy sponges" who are on the dole. not all who dont fit the two exceptions you gave, are lazy. they may have personbal issues to work out.
    I forgot to add the mentally disabled. Regarding the rest, the only issues they have to resolve is their lack of motivation and ability to accept free money for sitting around all day from the pockets of the tax payer.

rb_ie wrote:
    I forgot to add the mentally disabled. Regarding the rest, the only issues they have to resolve is their lack of motivation and ability to accept free money for sitting around all day from the pockets of the tax payer.

to be qualified as mentally disable, costs money and time. the person may just be suffering from a short term spurt of depression, thus needing an urgent break. if you work at somepoint in your life you can get the dole but only so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

Yes I would. You obviously know shag all about the northside because Raheny in particular is an extremely nice place to live (I don't live there but I have family there).

I can't believe I'm even posting to this thread but I've been exposed to quite a lot of affluent southside snobbery lately and it's really starting to get on my wick. It just pisses me off no end the way they refer to the "Northside" as if the whole place is one giant **** hole, especially when I live in an area where some of the houses would be reaching well over a million at least. I don't give a crap about that but it just shows total ignorance on their part.

It also infuriates me the way some of them seem to think it's something to be proud of that they don't know their way around once they cross O'Connell bridge. Fu**ing idiots.

I'm glad I grew up in a nice area that happens to be near some less desirable ones. It means I went to a school where there were people from all backgrounds and we all learned how to get on with each other and learn about life, as opposed to being sheltered and only in contact with people who are from the same background as yourself.

I happen to live in dublin 4 but i go to school in belvedere, on the north side. i'm one of four southsiders in my entire 900 pupil school. i clearly know my way around the northside as i spend half my time over there. i'm just saying it is really annoying how people label posh rich kids as d4 heads when they don't come from d4. some people, when they come into Belvo are blatant d4 heads but they live in clontarf and malahide. of course now the vast majority of belvo guys are sound and they've learnt to respect everyone else, thanks to the great jesuit education. But why do people automatically call guys from clontarf or castleknock or malahide d4 heads?

i have nothing against the northside, but i do have alot against weak knackers who somehow end up kicking the **** out of you. i don't mean to offend any northsiders unless you're a knacker.

Also if you have to abuse the abercrombie wearing people, abuse the guys in blackrock. they're the realy assholes. they're school doesn't even teach them to accept other walks of life. they are the people you shud be calling d4 heads. not people actually from d4, who aren't actually like that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jaycummins wrote:

Also if you have to abuse the abercrombie wearing people, abuse the guys in blackrock. they're the realy assholes. they're school doesn't even teach them to accept other walks of life. they are the people you shud be calling d4 heads. not people actually from d4, who aren't actually like that.

just cos they're better at rugby is no need to pick on them :p

but serious wtf you on about there? did someone in blackrock college abuse you or something, completely uncalled for stab at them there, what helped you formulate this startling revalation (i wasn't in Blackrock by the way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anybody else hate these stupid threads? Next week "Worst area in Dublin" will work its way back to the top, no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

TimAy wrote:
    Your an insult to Dublin 14

Agreed.....OP, we want you out of D14 asap!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Funkstard wrote:
    About the whole Annabels trial thing,

Only one of them was from D4. And he was the guy whose case was thrown out first when it became clear that there was no evidence against him at all.

Personally i think it's an absolute disgrace that nobody was ever done for that (OK the culchie guy was found guilty of manslaughter but released on appeal). And what was even worse was the bimbo pathologist rereading the notes one afternoon and deciding that it wasn't the kicking that killed your man, it was swelling of the brain caused by alcohol ingestion.

I would have locked the Blackrock gits up and thrown the key away.

And that's not in D4 either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Only one of them was from D4. And he was the guy whose case was thrown out first when it became clear that there was no evidence against him at all.

Personally i think it's an absolute disgrace that nobody was ever done for that (OK the culchie guy was found guilty of manslaughter but released on appeal). And what was even worse was the bimbo pathologist rereading the notes one afternoon and deciding that it wasn't the kicking that killed your man, it was swelling of the brain caused by alcohol ingestion.

but the club was in d4 and they were were all drinking in a d4 house beforehand, and don't get me started on the tripe about the case you just mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Ive been wondering this all thread but what the **** are dubes? Dubarry shoes? Havent seen them since national school if thats what it is, I thought they were only a schoolwear company.

While my geographical position limits my encounters with these folks tbh you get **** in all areas of life. Different area same sh1t- your either on the 38 infront of some bollix wafflin about robberies and throwing packs over the joy wall on a crowded bus (why they dont hae undercovers with a wire on that bus I dont know), and tossers who say "oh my god" 50 times per hour, "like" 75 times and refer to their oul one as "my Mom" despite being Irish. Most people here arent like the aforementioned idiots on the bus, Id like to think the same about the south.

Mind you, D4 exclusive nightclubs usually strike me as extremely bland and pretentious.

And some of those models they interview in the paper.....whiff of bitchiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

shane86 wrote:
    Ive been wondering this all thread but what the **** are dubes? Dubarry shoes? Havent seen them since national school if thats what it is, I thought they were only a schoolwear company.

Yep, that's them. Of particular interest to sailors, they're worn as deck shoes on yachts and by prats who want to look like sailors.

You don't really know what happened that night.You weren't there.

You don't really know what happened that night.You weren't there.

Neither was the judge, jury, or the pathologist. But they all had a big say in how it was treated.

Any way my simple point was that only one of the least blameless protagonists was from Dublin 4, the subject of this thread, and that therefore the argument that "they all got off only because they're D4's" is totally spurious.

they may well have got off, eventually, because they were well connected. but not because they were d4's because they weren't.

All this D4 stereotyping is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

D4 is not a place, its a way of life.

This thread has gone so far past pathetic. Lock/delete tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This thread is like, totally awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ok complaining men/women,why are ye complaining about an accent??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Let's polarize and have a fight about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

This thread is ridiculous and simply an excuse for people to flaunt their prejudices. You don't have to live in D4 to be a snob and you don;t have to live on the northside to be a scumbag, jeez. Fairly obvious.

Also, AB03, your posts here were pointless, spiteful and convoluted. So you beat up guys who play rugby, why? because all rugby players are from posh dublin schools? hardly. Only rich "daddys" buy their kids golfs, reading too much Ross O'Carroll Kelly me thinks.

And finally, your friends have parents who are millionaires and are "all right"? Wow, whoop dee doo, I guess there is hope for all of us. Maybe if you judged people on how they treat others and not on where they live or how much money they have, you could wipe that chip off your shoulder. And bravo for keeping your dublin accent, reminds me of that jennifer lopez song, emm..how did it go....oh yeah...."I'm still jenny from the block, yadda-yadda-crap....everywhere I go well I know where I came from".

D4 is an unfortunate term used to generalise people based on appearance and mannerisms, much like "scumbag", "bogger", "refugee", etc. Being a snob is there problem, it shouldn't bother you.

EDIT: I apologise, I didnt realise this thread has been going on for 2 years, how bout shutting it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Also, AB03, your posts here were pointless, spiteful and convoluted. So you beat up guys who play rugby, why?

Because he's a scummer that's why. Hard as nails!

I've a slight Dublin accent but I'm originally from Castleknock although I moved out of there when I was ten years old and have since then lived in a wide variety of areas though it must be said never a council estate so I guess that pretty much puts me in the middle of the spectrum? Anyway, I'd much rather hear yaws on the bus talking than knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    AlsoSo you beat up guys who play rugby

Try doing that in Limerick :D

Neither was the judge, jury, or the pathologist. But they all had a big say in how it was treated.

The real reason that Brian Murphy is dead is because he tried to act the tough man to imprss some girl.

Interestingly enough,Brian had also been involved in drugs and numerous confrontations with the guards..But due to the spin put by his Mammys PR representative.(How sad is that?You get a PR representative to put a good spin on your sons death!}This was never printed in the newspapers.Some crappy tabloids seem to have it in for people who went to priveliged schools.

There was loads more people involved in this fight than were brought to court.

The real reason that Brian Murphy is dead is because he tried to act the tough man to imprss some girl.

Interestingly enough,Brian had also been involved in drugs and numerous confrontations with the guards..But due to the spin put by his Mammys PR representative.(How sad is that?You get a PR representative to put a good spin on your sons death!}This was never printed in the newspapers.

Even if it's true (and I have no idea one way or the other) that he was involved in drugs that does not justify a gang of people kicking him to death. (as even the new Pathologist now agrees was the cause of death) nor does reaction to a young kid acting macho to impress a girl. (the very idea!!)

If your evidence for saying that is based on hearsay and cannot be substantiated then making such an allegation in an attempt to justify somebody's manslaughter is beneath contempt.

There was loads more people involved in this fight than were brought to court.
    I can well believe that. Why don't they come forward, or more realistically, why don't some of those who are carrying the can force them to be brought forward?

Even if it's true (and I have no idea one way or the other)
    I thinks it is, i heard from a close source also.

I can well believe that. Why don't they come forward, or more realistically, why don't some of those who are carrying the can force them to be brought forward?

there was a shocking number involved in the incident,
    , now from what i gather, the guy was cruisin for a good hidin, the guy was a gob****e through and through, he didnt by anymeans deserve to die, but as a result of an incident accidently going too far, i think a large number of students with bright futures dont quite deserve criminal treatment, i'd say the lessons been learnt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I thinks it is, i heard from a close source also.

there was a shocking number involved in the incident,
    , now from what i gather, the guy was cruisin for a good hidin, the guy was a gob****e through and through, he didnt by anymeans deserve to die, but as a result of an incident accidently going too far, i think a large number of students with bright futures dont quite deserve criminal treatment, i'd say the lessons been learnt

Brian Murphy has learned his lesson, that's for sure. You say a large number of students don't quite deserve criminal treatment, but they acted like criminals, surely? For example, if this happened outside a northside club, and you heard a gang of lads had jumped on another lads head, would you be thinking "scumbags" or would you be thinking "well, yer man probably did something to antagonise them"? Scumbag behaviour should be seen as such, no matter where it happens, and no matter who does it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement