Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4's

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a 'gang' of lads didnt jump on his head(of course i'm merely going by hearsay from people i know, some of whom are close to those involved so take with a pinch of salt). i'm gonna be honest, if was the northside i'd think scumbags, yes, only because i feel (stereotypically) that southside people from good schools would have more cop on that to behave like that, so circumstances and explainations IMO are merited. i know alot will disagree with that point, but i also know alot will agree...but sure isnt that what forums are all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

a 'gang' of lads didnt jump on his head(of course i'm merely going by hearsay from people i know, some of whom are close to those involved so take with a pinch of salt). i'm gonna be honest, if was the northside i'd think scumbags, yes, only because i feel (stereotypically) that southside people from good schools would have more cop on that to behave like that, so circumstances and explainations IMO are merited. i know alot will disagree with that point, but i also know alot will agree...but sure isnt that what forums are all about

exactly :) Being honest, I would have thought the same as well, but it's a lesson I've learned from this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

We still talkin bout "D4s"?

All the profiling is bull****.
    There are dickheads in Abercrombie hoodies.
    There are sound people in Abercrombie hoodies.
    There are dickheads in Dublin 4.
    There are sound people in Dublin 4.
    There are dickheads in Blackrock College.
    There are sound people in Blackrock College.
    There are dickheads in 'rough' areas.
    There are sound people in 'rough' areas.

There are dickheads in every corner of the world.
    There are sound people in every corner of the world.

Anybody who berates or abuses or casts the members of entire societies/geographical locations/postcodes/institutions/lifestyles/whatever else into the same category (when it is not based on fact) is closed-minded, ignorant and basically racist.

Unless of course you know every single person in said society/geographical location/postcode/institution/lifestyle/whatever else well enough to form an opinion on each individual. Then you are entitled to your opinion.

Otherwise, grow up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

SumGuy wrote:

Anybody who casts the members of entire societies/geographical locations/postcodes/institutions/lifestyles/whatever else is closed-minded, ignorant and basically racist.

that sentance makes no sense Anybody who casts the members of entire societies/geographical locations/postcodes/institutions/lifestyles/whatever else (casts them into what...catagory's, classes or type?) is closed-minded, ignorant and basically racist.

how does me stating that in general northsiders are of a lower income bracket then south siders make me a racist, ignorant or close minded?

that sentance makes no sense Anybody who casts the members of entire societies/geographical locations/postcodes/institutions/lifestyles/whatever else (casts them into what...catagory's, classes or type?) is closed-minded, ignorant and basically racist.

how does me stating that in general northsiders are of a lower income bracket then south siders make me a racist, ignorant or close minded?
    Edited, sorry my mistake

• Advertisement

#Elites wrote:
    Someone deleat every other post apart from this guys post.

case closed!
    ha
    As I was typing it, I thought to myself, 'why am I doing this, nobody's gonna go: "that's it, the definitive answer, case closed!"'

so yay, thank you #Elites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Urbanrose

I have respect for the ppl from dublin, i always found them to be really friendly and i love dublin city but after reading this whole topic i feel the majority of u havent done very much for the 'good' image of the city or the people in it. thats how it seems to someone not from dublin. everyone is talking about groups and sterotypes within dublin...when really it would be easy for anyone like myself from outside dublin to put u ALL under one 'group' or 'class' after reading this topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Hey everyone!
    I hate the way people are always like on this site " I hate them d4s with the abercrombie jumpers and the dubes and d fake tan" and all that crap because they'res nothing rong with them?! i wear abercrombie, and dubes and i dont thikn ders nutin rong with them but it can be funny listenin to there accents sumtimes i meaN Im frm d south soyd "roysh" but i dont speak like ross oc arol kelly or anytin lol! but the reason i put this in the humour section is because i want people to tel dunny storys of there " encounters" with d4s!! lol
    I actually blanked a 'wannabe' D4 bitch back in April or so.

Now it's not like me to blank a good looking chick or anything but I met her on a night out in Drogheda. She said to text her and all, and as you know if she won't shag ya on the first night she has to be half decent!!

Then one day, myself and a friend were in Stephen's Green Pk, enjoying the only decent weather of 2007, I was texting this chick, who happened to be in a year under my sister, doing the same course in UCD.

Now it was down to my sister's infornative lingo to me telling me of how the shams like to refer to "BT's" etc.....

low and behold, I was texting her, she had been in Grafton St, I said what were you up to - she was all "well just dropped into BT's to get xy + z

I never spoke to her again.....

True Story.

edit: she was from Julianstown

edit: My ma's from 'D4' also - Ringsend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

She shortened Brown Thomas to BTS for the purpose of text?

Craaaaaazy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

nm wrote:
    She shortened Brown Thomas to BTS for the purpose of text?

Craaaaaazy

Lol, was thinking the same thing myself. Let's bury this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

ah feck!! so I messed up, God damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I just moved to d4,I'm not rich, i shop at penneys, i buy my food from tesco (or aldi)
    I don't do any of the "typical" things, so far as I can tell the problem is down to the accent. darn those meteor ads. nobody else i know cares really at all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hey everyone!
    I hate the way people are always like on this site " I hate them d4s with the abercrombie jumpers and the dubes and d fake tan" and all that crap because they'res nothing rong with them?! i wear abercrombie, and dubes and i dont thikn ders nutin rong with them but it can be funny listenin to there accents sumtimes i meaN Im frm d south soyd "roysh" but i dont speak like ross oc arol kelly or anytin lol! but the reason i put this in the humour section is because i want people to tel dunny storys of there " encounters" with d4s!! lol

I didn't bother reading after the first post so sorry if the OP turned out to be a troll. Just wanted to say that it pleases me greatly that my betters seem to be functionally illiterate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 123abc123abc

Dontico wrote:
    fake tan and wearing pointlessly expensive clothes is vanity. vanity is bad for one ones self psychologically and also it is a bad example for younger children.

one shouldnt spend that much money needlessly on ones appearance. just wear the clothes that you need. cheap and practical. and give the rest of your extra money you were willing to spend on stupid clothes to a charity, like cancer research or child abused children. whats wrong with pennys? cheap, good practical clothes.

stop being so self absorbed, and give back to society.

Pennys clothes are cheap!

and badly made

you pay a higher price for quality
    theres nothing wrong with d4's many of my friends are . i personaly hate the hole d4 thing but i got over it
    i go to a private school and i love it
    we have better extra curicular things and ur just jealous:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think this threads has ran its course,its been going since 14-04-2005 with loads of bumps.

So I am Closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement