Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signs of the times

• 14-04-2005 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

after responding to another thread I thought it would be good to bring this up for discussion, not as a way of scaremongering but as a way of perhaps enlightening the situation.

Practically every vein of belief has its own prophecies, pretty much all of which overlap in some form or another.
    From the native american hopi and the mayans, to christianity and buddhism, they all speak of events which will first bring trial and then enlightenment. or something along those lines.

I'm curious as to others perspectives of the idea of such events and their interpretation.

link contains a conglomeration of various prophecies from various backgrounds.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Interesting, I was just reading a book talking about this last night, and on another thread someone mentioned Lemuria, and that night the book went into that aswell, maybe I need to start a thread on synchronicity ;)

Anyway, I've heard of all kinds of possible endings of the world (which doesn't neccessarily mean the end but often some kind of change or awakening as you say). Bill Brysons book, I can't think of the name now, listed a good few of them. The eerie thing about most of them is that they're all roughly due or likely to happen in the very near future :eek: The book I was reading last night was talking about the 26,000 year cycle of the earth as it orbits the centre of the galaxy or the "Dark Sun" wich is obviously a reference to the supermassive black-hole thought to reside there. The cycle is divided into 2 13,000 year periods, Lugas I think they were called. For one luga the Earth is spinning towards the black sun, for another it spins away from it. This is thought of as spinning toward or away from the "light"

The author went on to describe how as we spin toward the light civilisation evolves in terms of spirituality, enlightenment and understanding of the universe, and how as we spin away from it society devolves in these respects. He then explained how society had reached it's peak 13,000 years ago, with societies like atlantis and lemuria, and has been declining ever since as we began to spin away from the light. As we enter the age of Aquarias, which I believe we are now, we are supposed beginning a new Luga of spinning towards the light again which will bring us new knowledge, awakening, etc. He also gave a very good explanation of how various mystery schools were set up at the end of the previous Luga to try and preserve the knowledge throughout this one, how they disagreed over how it should be done, and how they went on to form the various modern religions to preserve their secrets, and often to persecute each other.

<edit>Oh yeah, he also claimed that entering a new Luga would cause electrons to "spin" in the opposite direction, which is how it has such an effect on us all. He tied this in with suggestions that the Earths magnetic pole switches periodically and is due to switch sometime soon. This is very pseudo-scientific and any physicists out there should keep in mind that it's probably not meant in the exact, literal way that they would interpret such a claim</edit>

I'll try and read your link later to see if it ties in with any of this, I just wanted to write this much out while it was still fresh.

(I should have guessed you'd bring this up, oh mighty pharoah ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

From the site that Solas linked to:
    ST. COLUMBEILLE (6TH CENTURY)

Seven years before the last day, the sea shall submerge Eirin [Ireland] in one inundation.

That should be pretty obvious when/if that happens :)

Nick

Steven,

I've read a book about that subject also with a Mayan slant on it. Very interesting reading. How do you feel about it? Is it something you thing is tangible? Cosmic patterns are very important and affect all life (in my opinion).

Nick

Reading through it reminded me of a guy I used to know who was very, very catholic. I remember him telling me that the current pope would be the last, that the next pope elected would be black and that would signal the end of the world. He claimed it had to be true because he read it in a leaflet, and why would somebody print up a leaflet about it if it wasn't true ? It seemed pretty funny at the time, but it looks like the black pope part could easily be true and I think that's been in a few other doomsday prophecies aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just to clarify - the 'Black Pope' does not apparently refer to skin colour, but to the leader of a controversial branch (not sure if branch is the right word..) of Christianity within the Roman Catholic faith.

If someone wants to trawl through those obsenely long 'Pope is dead' threads on After Hours there's some discussion and links about it. Don't have the time here.

• Advertisement

Steven,

I've read a book about that subject also with a Mayan slant on it. Very interesting reading. How do you feel about it? Is it something you thing is tangible? Cosmic patterns are very important and affect all life (in my opinion).

Nick
    The book I'm reading makes a few references to them too, as well as epytians, hopi, celts, atlanteans among others, and the connections between them. The more rational part of my mind says it's all a little 'out there', but much of it does match with parts of ideas I've already had myself. It's a very good attempt at coming to a kind of general theory of everything by taking information out of common religions/ideologies etc. I think that going through the same information, I'd probably have come to similar conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Book sounds interesting steven and similar to other theories I've heard before. I suppose it would be along the lines of the celestian prophecies (sp?) I remember reading the book about ten years ago but I only got half way through, guessing its the same kind of stuff and maybe the da vinci code hit on a few more mundane aspects of the reasons why the catholic church "fears" the feminine aspect. (from what I remember the last Luga women were very much the dominant frce within society..perhaps is why they fear women having any type of power)

<edit> was only just discussing the egyptians last night and it was along the same lines. (of that and atlantis.. Y'know the stories of these great civilsations which became too "powerful") The story goes..the pyramids were used as devices which channelled earth resonances. The schematics of the building allowed those frequencies to be amplifed until they reached a particular frequncy (pitch..indigo I think) which was then transmitted via chambers to the outside world. The priests and elders would benefit from the higher frequencies, taking them to a higher levels of consciousness and forging a God like status among the people (who were also affected)
    The same type of story's are told about sumaria and atlantis.

I think I touched on some of this stuff in another thread in paranormal before with regard to earth resonances.

solas wrote:
    <edit> was only just discussing the egyptians last night and it was along the same lines. (of that and atlantis.. Y'know the stories of these great civilsations which became too "powerful") The story goes..the pyramids were used as devices which channelled earth resonances. The schematics of the building allowed those frequencies to be amplifed until they reached a particular frequncy (pitch..indigo I think) which was then transmitted via chambers to the outside world. The priests and elders would benefit from the higher frequencies, taking them to a higher levels of consciousness and forging a God like status among the people (who were also affected)
    The same type of story's are told about sumaria and atlantis.

I think I touched on some of this stuff in another thread in paranormal before with regard to earth resonances.
    I recently read a book by a woman called Elizabeth Haich (she is dead now) where she was able to recount her past life as an egyptian priestess. She said it was very normal to see lightning coming from the pyramids. It where society is at considering that considering that we think these amazing structures to be nothing more than burial tombs.

Nick

as far as I know newgrange was used in the same capacity, the images depicting spirals are references to frequencies, (think of the sound a digeridoo makes) these resonaces could be "felt" and were considered to be spirit, which is why they were sacred places and those who attained status were buried there, in that way they could continue to "live on" and that their presence may be continually felt. (like Gods)

According to this book I'm reading, the pyramid (tetrahedon) is the most basic shape of sacred geometry and everything in existence can be constructed out of pyramid shapes. Apparently the main pyramid at Giza consist of 2 pyramid, one above ground pointing up and one below ground pointing down (this should be easy enough to check up on). The up facing pyramid represents the esoteric spiritual world and the down facing represents the exoteric or physical world. By standing in the middle, where the two pyramids meet, the pharoah could apprently be part of both worlds at once and could move information between the two. I think the symbolism of burying a pharoah in the lower pyramid was to allow him to continue to watch over the physical plane from the spiritual one.

The book also claims that the ancient celts originated in Egypt and left during the time of the passover, not sure about this one, and that sacred sites like stonehenge served similar purposes to the pyramids. I guess newgrange could easily fall into this category too.

<edit>
    btw, if anyone's interested the book is called Pyramids Of Montauk, it's the third in a series of books about the Montaulk Project. The first two are about the project itself which is easily the most entertaining conspiracy theory I've ever seen and would even makes a very good sci-fi story for those not inclined to believe anything about it. This third book bares only the very loosest relation to Montaulk, it probably shouldn't be part of the same series, and focuses instead on spiritual matters.
    </edit>

• Advertisement

whats the name of the book?

might be an idea to have a recommended reading list sticky?

It's in the edit above, good idea with the sticky, it'd be a good to have lists of websites and stuff aswell. I've been meaning to go through some of the other forums and see what links have come up in posts but I think I'll just post a thread here and get people to add in what they like.

Advertisement