Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking liberties with motorbikes.

Options
  • 14-04-2005 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

[RANT]Can someone please explain to me why when I park my motorbike in town or outside my place of work it becomes public property and people think they can sit on it, play with the switchs and generally kick the tires.

I have yet to understand this phenomenon. Surely if I smash the window of someones car and sit in the drivers seat I would be arrested, so why is it ok for the general public to do the equivilant to motorbikes ???[/RANT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

There's a few reasons for this:

1. Peolple are inconsiderate towards bikers and bikes

2. People can't fiddle with themselves in the street so they have to find something else to fiddle with.

3. Lonely assh**es will try to get their leg over anything

4. They're just jealous

My advice: snipe the fu***rs from the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Phryxus wrote:
    My advice: snipe the fu***rs from the window.

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It is a rather unique phenomenon...
    I bet you, if someone had a nice shiny open-top sports-car, left with the roof down, you wouldn't have punters hopping-in and rubbing the steering wheel..

It's definitely an envy thing. Anyone can own a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Try the 12 volt jolt

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

For some strange reason, fat oul' wans have a compulsion to sit on motorbikes.

Guy I know had the rear seat cowl broken by TWO fat oul' wans who decided to have a sitty...

Kids you can kind of understand but adults really, really should know better.

Mate of mine wants to get a sticker made up:

"You may run your fingers over my motorcycle, if I may run my motorcycle over your fingers" :D

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

ninja900 wrote:
    "You may run your fingers over my motorcycle, if I may run my motorcycle over your fingers" :D

That's great, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Saw a classic case a few years ago. Bunch of girly students walking down the centre island on O'Connell Street (Dublin); They spot their prey, a spanky new ZX12; Girly hops onto saddle and stands bike up off the sidestand; Girlies 2, 3 and 4 take photos of Girly 1 on bike and much giggling and throttle twisting fun is had; Girly 1 hops off bike; Bike topples over on RHS, breaking indicators, mirror and cracking fairing; Girlies exit, stage left; Person (who shall remain nameless) in bus queue who saw all this unfold grabs nearest (and, for once, that was very near) Garda and rapidly explains what happened and points out exiting Girlies; Garda goes and intercepts; Much batting of eyelids, smiling and putting away of notebook ensues; Owner of ZX12 arrives back to bike in the background; Bus stop samaritan jogs across to owner, points out Girlies and Garda looking for a date; Owner storms off in direction of same; Air turns blue, smiles fade and notebook comes out again. How close they were to getting away completely scott free. Dizzy bints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Garibaldi wrote:
    Saw a classic case a few years ago. Bunch of girly students walking down the centre island on O'Connell Street (Dublin); They spot their prey, a spanky new ZX12; Girly hops onto saddle and stands bike up off the sidestand; Girlies 2, 3 and 4 take photos of Girly 1 on bike and much giggling and throttle twisting fun is had; Girly 1 hops off bike; Bike topples over on RHS, breaking indicators, mirror and cracking fairing; Girlies exit, stage left; Person (who shall remain nameless) in bus queue who saw all this unfold grabs nearest (and, for once, that was very near) Garda and rapidly explains what happened and points out exiting Girlies; Garda goes and intercepts; Much batting of eyelids, smiling and putting away of notebook ensues; Owner of ZX12 arrives back to bike in the background; Bus stop samaritan jogs across to owner, points out Girlies and Garda looking for a date; Owner storms off in direction of same; Air turns blue, smiles fade and notebook comes out again. How close they were to getting away completely scott free. Dizzy bints.

After reading that I've just remembered a similar case about a couple of years ago in Donagmede shopping center car park. My mum told me she was down doing her shopping when she seen a bunch of school kids (school nearby) messing with a Honda Goldwing Anniversary model. One of them got onto it and then jumped off and it topeled over. She said it was it bits. And the kids just ran !!!.
    Considering the size, amount of fairing, and shear weight you can imagine the amount of damage for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pity the little ****ers didn't get caught underneath it when it toppled.

When I drove a bike, dickheads were always moving it so that they could park their car wherever I was parked. One particular instance stands out in my memory. I was parked in the carpark of a hotel in Kilkenny (the River Court if anyone's familiar with it), and some asshole in a fiat punto decided he'd shove my bike onto the muddy grass (where the side stand got fairly well dug in so that he could park his cúnto in its place.

****ing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Stephen wrote:
    Pity the little ****ers didn't get caught underneath it when it toppled.

When I drove a bike, dickheads were always moving it so that they could park their car wherever I was parked. One particular instance stands out in my memory. I was parked in the carpark of a hotel in Kilkenny (the River Court if anyone's familiar with it), and some asshole in a fiat punto decided he'd shove my bike onto the muddy grass (where the side stand got fairly well dug in so that he could park his cúnto in its place.

****ing ****
    do you not lock your bike stephen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Gurgle wrote:
    Try the 12 volt jolt

Is this possible ???

I have Datatool immobiliser and alarm fitted, but I'd like to give a little something extra back to the people ;)
    [wink]Are there other options ??[/wink]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Chalk wrote:
    do you not lock your bike stephen?

No. Its not worth a lot and I live in the sticks anyway. I used to do it with a brake disc lock until i forgot it was still on the thing and managed to rip out my speedo cable with it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

This used to happen to me in worky until one day I went to get my lunch, came back and found this bimbo perched on my bike having a smoke(!!)...I asked her which car was hers and when she asked why I told her I was going to sit on the bonnet and drink my can of coke - she never messed with my bikey again!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It isn't limited to bikes, mind you. People also seem to think my car is theirs to lean against while chatting to their mates, or even on one occasion, to put their briefcase on my bonnet to open it and rummage in the contents. The most irritating thing though is that, when challenged, they can't see what they've done wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

tk123 wrote:
    This used to happen to me in worky until one day I went to get my lunch, came back and found this bimbo perched on my bike having a smoke(!!)...I asked her which car was hers and when she asked why I told her I was going to sit on the bonnet and drink my can of coke - she never messed with my bikey again!! :D
    yeah, you can never get that smell of smoke out of the upholstery ;)

should have just drove off with her tbh ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Why dont I ever find bimbos perched on my bike? some people have all the luck.
    I found the bandit knocked over one day, since then my bikes get locked to a railing with a big fúck off chain every time, especially as the sv has expensive plastic bits.

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Similar thing happend in Clondalkin one night to some guys CB750 parked outside Quinlans and 2 dumb drunk bimbos decided to bounce on it. I told the lads on the door they should notify the owner (probably a staff member). In the meantime the girls had dropped the bike and broke the front brake lever and god knows what else. The guy came out and the girls were all apologetic offering to pay for the damage, which they thought was only the brake lever. Im sure there was some tank damage and rear brake lever damge aswell, amongst others. Serves them right. I caught a mother sitting her child on my bike one day and let a roar at her, she was highly insulted im glad to say.

With regard to the Grafton St incident - cant believe the Garda was gonna lat it slide. Thinking with his penis obviously. Anal-opening !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

echomadman wrote:
    Why dont I ever find bimbos perched on my bike? some people have all the luck.
    I found the bandit knocked over one day, since then my bikes get locked to a railing with a big fúck off chain every time, especially as the sv has expensive plastic bits.
    Well why don't I ever find hunks on mine - next time there's a bimbo on my bike I'll send them over to you!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Drive a Ratbike covered in filthy black grease, with a black binbag for a seatcover.
    I very much doubt whether anyone will take liberties with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

tk123 wrote:
    next time there's a bimbo on my bike I'll send them over to you!! ;)
    I'm sure he'd love to meet you. LOL :D
    Only kidding :)

causal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lucky1

I had a situation about 10/12 years ago where a kid pulled my bike down on top of himself . Norwich union paid him 5 grand (real money not euros) maby thats why insurance is so expensive in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

A awkward neighbout used to pull a sign out of the ground at my grandparents entrance. My grandfather got a brainwave. He connected one of these. The sign was never again touched.

You could adapt the concept to keep people off your bike. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

we have all done some like that at some stage when i'm parking the bike in town and if there was an nsr or rxs etc. iwould move it a little if it was parrked akwardly taking up 2 spaces but at least i'm used to handling bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I would never dream of moving a bike. I wouldn`t like anyone to touch mine, so I wouldn`t touch anyone elses.
    What if they had a disk lock on that you didnt notice? Or an alarm. Or if they were a grumpy bollix like me?
    Anyways, if I ever caught some sitting on mine, I`d find their car and slide down their bonnet and see how they like it!
    A few weeks ago some fella parked his bicycle with his wheel and forks against my fairing. I waited for him to come back. He had to listen to me rant at him while he got his bike sorted out, and as he cycled away. I did a great impression of Victor Meldrew, shakin me fist in the air and all, I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Glad this thread started off in Motors rather than Motorbikes. I love I good oul rant I do.

Anyway... just typical of people not giving a sh!t about other people's property. It does happen with cars (convertibles). I have come back to mine the odd time to find rubbish thrown inside. If I ever caught someone doing it I'd turn mentalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and I was about to move it! I just copyit over instead.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think some people are just a tad over-protective of their bikes/cars. If someone damages it, sure, (and moving a correctly parked bike would certainly fit in as a no-no here, as would all the knockings over) but I'm getting the impression that simply standing too near freaks some people out.

Your bike/car is not an extension of your body you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

blorg wrote:
    I think some people are just a tad over-protective of their bikes/cars. If someone damages it, sure, (and moving a correctly parked bike would certainly fit in as a no-no here, as would all the knockings over) but I'm getting the impression that simply standing too near freaks some people out.

Your bike/car is not an extension of your body you know.

Actually Id prefer if you didnt even look at it!:D
    But seriously, Its my property, not someone elses, I worked my ass off to pay for it. If I want to keep it in good condition without marks and scrapes, then why shouldnt I?
    Some people look at their mode of transport simply as that. Others love them, and why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I had some spa park his motor bike against my push bike one evening in town. Scratched his fairing while getting my bike out, didn't really have a choice though as he parked it right on top of my bike. What a moron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 calmur

saw a guy put his kid on someones goldwing last year the alarm went off and the kid s*** himself .

Advertisement