Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Ice Hockey game?

Options
  • 14-04-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend a good ice hockey game for me, i have a ps2,xbox, and gamecube so im not bothered which console there on as long as its a good game :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nhl 2004 is really good (has great commentary) and its on all systems, but is probably cheaper on the gamecube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Seconded!

It's a great party game too, almost as good as Wayne Gretzky's NHL '92!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Aye NHL 2004 is probably the best but do not, and i repeat not get 2005 its very poor. espn NHL 2k5 is worth a look also and its only 30 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the NHL hitz series is fantastic fun and can be picked up pretty cheaply on both ps2 and gamecube. Have the gamecube version myself and it's guaranteed to bring out the worst in your friends (in a good way :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Cheers lads, i had one of the nhl games on the ps1 back in the day and i was quite addicted to it, i remember in some of the older hockey games that fights can sumtimes break out, is this still happening in the newer nhl games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nhl Hitz is the best at the moment

nhl 2004 and 2003 are on play.com for 28.99, 2k3 is 23.99(which looks very sweet)

hmmmm, what would jesus do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Has to be ESPN NHL 2005 (made by sega) for me, all the espn sports games seem to be better than their EA counterparts( and if i remember correctly EA solved this problem by buying the rights to use the espn name or maybe it was the rights to the NHL, anyways there wont be an espn nhl 2006 thanx to EA).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

if your interested ive a copy of 2k3 id sell it for €15

I'd say go with ESPN NHL Hockey 2K5. It's better than it's Ea counter part and about half the price.

• Advertisement

ive decided on espn nhl 2k3 on the gamecube, its 23.99 on play.com, anyone here bought games off them before,anyone had problems with them, how long did it take to deliver?

Play are very reliable. I've never had a problem with them. It usuall takes 3-5 days for delivery and their customer care is top notch.

Play are very reliable. I've never had a problem with them. It usuall takes 3-5 days for delivery and their customer care is top notch.

Cheers Darko

kinkstr wrote:
    Cheers Darko

You're more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What a corny thread....lol
    Cheers Darko
    You're more than welcome.

:)

Anyway, I remember when I was really young having this Ice Hockey game on the PC....It ran on a 486 PC, and the Ice Hockey itself was boring but it had these awesome (at the time) fight scenes!

When you entered a fight, everyone crowded around you and then it was two rigid guys calmly throwing weak punches and girly kicks, with no recoil when hit or anything, but man we all loved it back in the day....

I really should find out what its called....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenny90

theres a great hockey game for the playstation2, mmm i think its called nhl something :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this is the thread i kept forgetting to make

thanks kinkstr :)

anyone know of a good baseball game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok if you have xbox live then get espn nhl 2k4. if not then get 2k5. screw EA. these games blow EAs games out of the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I got nhl hitz pro cause I wanted just an average hockey game,it turned out to be really good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Best hockey games I played were the NHL series on the Megadrive, Mutant League hockey was pretty cool also. I believe the plug in FIFA game available in most toy shops also contains a version of NHL '95, sweet!
    I think there was a NBA Jam! style game in the arcades called hit the ice or something, by Midway, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

NHL Hitz Pro is class - so much fun taking players out and stuff and has a fairly involving build your own team sort of thing - the commentary is very funny too when you completely poleaxe an opponent. I have the xbox version - one of my favourite titles i've owned.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    this is the thread i kept forgetting to make

thanks kinkstr :)

anyone know of a good baseball game?

No probs horse

Advertisement