Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB to BB Plus

• 14-04-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Im considering moving up to the 24gig option on IOL, faster connection to is a little tempting but i can barely afford the broadband package i have at the moment. I feel so restricted by 12 gigs. I honestly lose sleep at night over it.

Is it worth moving up to the 24gigs? As it stands before the 12gig was introduced i went over the cap twice by about 4 gigs and i never got charged so i am wondering now that im on 12 gigs is there a little lee way maybe 15gigs before they start billing u for going over the cap?

It just seems extortionate that i will have to pay 50euro for a cap thats still very restrciting but it might make me a little more to tempted if i new that IOL are not very strict with the cap on the BB Plus! Is that the case? seen as there isnt a package with a larger cap will they let you away with maybe 35 or 40 a MONTH?

Also is there another self install charge for moving to the new package, how long does it take and doi you have any suggestions to why it would be or would not be worth moving?

- Nicky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If you can't afford it, don't get it. IOL haven't charged people for going over the cap yet, but that could change any day for all we know.

If you're losing sleep over the cap on your dsl line, I suggest you unplug for a few days :)

This will just turn into Yet Another Moan About Caps thread, so it's getting a locking now so that it can save itself for marrige.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement