Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should we post idiotic polls?

Options
  • 15-04-2005 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a completely biased view of issue X and would like to have my ungrounded assessments debated. I will post some ill-researched rhetoric, and not answer any questions about my rhetoric. The poll will prove absolutely nothing, but somehow validate my stance, regardless of the outcome.

Opinions please.

Should I be shot with a ball of my own sh1te? 18 votes

Yes - life is too short
    0% 0 votes
    No - please waste my time and bandwidth
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

As you do not know who I am or what I know I can post that I know vast amounts more than anyone about said topic and quote some page I found claiming the information is merely my own opinion. I can do this because it is of no consequence to me or anyone that knows me and is my only way to feel superior in a life of boredom and self loathing.

I'm only kidding, but not really. or am I? I really don't know (but I still know vast amounts more than anyone, p.s. I'm smarter than hawking)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Phryxus wrote:
    As you do not know who I am or what I know I can post that I know vast amounts more than anyone about said topic and quote some page I found claiming the information is merely my own opinion. I can do this because it is of no consequence to me or anyone that knows me and is my only way to feel superior in a life of boredom and self loathing.

I'm only kidding, but not really. or am I? I really don't know (but I still know vast amounts more than anyone, p.s. I'm smarter than hawking)

You make a compelling argument, but you are of course wrong. You see I am right, therefore everyone else is wrong. QED.

Or QBC, if you prefer public transport.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WRT the poll above, when it closes will we get to see you with a ball of your own sh1te?

kbannon wrote:
    WRT the poll above, when it closes will we get to see you with a ball of your own sh1te?

According to some, my car could be described as a ball of sh1te, so no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Driving a ball of sh1te and being shot with one are two different things.

Posting pointless polls should result in the latter every time. I am however guilty on this score but reckon that if you feel strongly enough about it, ignore it and it will go away.

'c

I stopped myself posting a poll on the pointlessness of diesel....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

hmmm id vote but if its doesnt have atari jaguar as an option, its not valid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

What a load of sh1te. You have absolutely no facts, statistics or experience to support your arguement. I totally disagree with the stance you are taking on this one.

Tell me, what would we do if there was no such thing as a hypotetical question.....

That would be an ecuminical matter.

Fr Dougal wrote:
    Tell me, what would we do if there was no such thing as a hypotetical question.....

Hmmm. There IS no such thing as a hypotetical question. What will we do???

Is there anything more infuriating (hypothetically speaking) than someone jumping on a spelling mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Is there anything more infuriating (hypothetically speaking) than someone jumping on a spelling mistake?

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fr Dougal wrote:
    What a load of sh1te. You have absolutely no facts, statistics or experience to support your arguement. I totally disagree with the stance you are taking on this one.

From the wisdom of Homer:-
    "Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."
    "Statistics show that if your parents didn't have kids, you probably won't either."
    "Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
    Phryxus wrote:
    That would be an ecuminical matter.
    Down with this sort of thing!

Careful Now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

LOL
    Best thread ever ....

Advertisement